Chapter 20

I woke up in a cold sweat breathing heavily as I still lie on the hard floor in the corner of the room I had passed out in.

I slowly got up and got some water. I don't think I could go back to sleep after knowing about Jack. I shuddered at the thought of him.

I decided to go to my best thinking spot.

The janitors closet.

I tiptoed past the snoring people around me fast asleep.

I quietly opened the door and slipped inside the pitch black room.

I tripped over something and crumpled onto the floor when I closed the door. "What the fuck dude" I mumbled to myself.

I sat in the darkness thinking.

I then decided to turn on the lights.

Why did I turn on the lights?

I shrieked in terror as I saw a figure hanging by a rope around its neck, I was blinded by the light and I couldn't tell who it was.

I burst out of the room screaming.

I was horrified as I looked back at the body.

I had tripped on the chair the person had kicked out from under him.

I looked at the poor swelled face with its eyes rolled up into the back of its head.

I recognized him...

My shrieks grew louder.

I had started crying like I had never cried before.

Ever since I got here I had been through a lot. but this was by far the worst.

Bile rose up in my throat as I realized who it was and threw up.

I was crying screaming everyone woke up at this point.

I looked at the room and saw a folded paper by the door.

I picked it up.

And read it.

-note-
Dear,
Noah and Vance
I was very unhappy here. I couldn't stand being here. They did things to me that no one should have to go through. Remembering all of the pain they made me go through was too much.
I needed to free myself. The only way was suicide. I am in a better place now. I hope you don't get mad.
Love,
Isaac

-end of note-

My tears stained the suicide note as I read every word.

How did we not notice how horrible Isaac had felt this whole time?

Isaac was in a living hell and no one cared to notice. But he hid it well behind his smile.

His smile...

I remember the first time I had seen that smile of his, full of happiness and pleasure. His bright blue braces filling it.

I cried even harder at the thought of his smile...

I would never see it again...

I would never see him ever again...

Well...
Maybe someday...