Compasses

Haha daddy issues go brrrr

__________________________

      The sun glared down upon the Kingdom, making the journey extra hot. With a huff, the wandering teenager sliced at a leaf in his way, stomping his way down the path in the forest. Branches fell to the floor and bugs flew into the air, scampering away from him.

      He stepped on a rock just above a hill, glaring at the sign that marked the border.

      'You are now leaving L'Manburg.' it read, warning any travelers about the danger up ahead. Tommy ignored it though, simply kicking it with his foot before he continued forward.

      He walked for another 10 minutes, sweating in the overwhelming heat. It would be worth it though, because where he was heading was better than anything his kingdom had to offer.

      Finally, he got to the special spot; a small cliff with an ocean view, though one in a neighboring kingdom. Tommy sighed, taking in the view as he waited. His sword clattered to the ground, not having a need in the peaceful area, and he put his crown of the rock next to him, watching the ants crawl on it.

      A small snap sounded from the woods and Tommy grinned, turning to face the person that he had been waiting to see for a whole week. "Tubbo!"

      The boy beamed, taking a seat next to Tommy with a small hug. "Tommy! Sorry I'm late. My parents had me do some dusting around the house because my sister was with her friends."

      "Man, I'm gonna fucking stab your parents." Tommy hadn't even noticed his friend was late, to be honest. He was too entranced by the ocean waves and the dolphins jumping around.

      "No, don't do that! Then I would have to live in a box on the side of the road and I wouldn't be able to visit you anymore."

      "I would let you live in the castle with me!" Tubbo gave him a look. "Right, sorry."

      "So how have you been? I missed you." Tommy rolled his eyes and smiled fondly, leaning back on his elbows.

      "Techno taught me how to fight yesterday. He said I'm getting better, and pretty soon he'll let me use his favorite ax!"

      "You know, you're gonna have to teach me to fight one day. I can't believe I'm best friends with the little brother of Prince Technoblade and he won't even teach me how to crit."

      The boys laughed. A bee landed on Tubbo's shoulder and they started a whole new conversation from that. But eventually, all good things have to come to an end.

      "The sun will set soon. I need to get back to L'Manburg before Phil finds out I snuck out." Tommy glanced at his friend from the corner of his eye, his mouth going dry from the unspoken words. "I'll see you next week, yeah?"

      Tubbo frowned. "Yeah..."

      With a final sigh, they stood, they hugged, and they said goodbye. The hardest part of their meetups.

-

      Tommy walked through the castle door, immediately taking his crown off and flicking away a ladybug. With the sun no longer in the sky, the walk back wasn't as excruciating as the first time. But, that also meant there were more bugs that would crawl on him and hide in the fur of his cape.

      It was worth it, though. For Tubbo.

      He walked down the hallway to his room, eager to get a change of clothes and a good night's sleep after the hike. But when he opened his bedroom door, he was surprised to find his dad sitting on his bed, waiting for him.