My Ex's Best Friend (s.r)

summary: reader and spencer have a lil secret relationship
summary: uh sneaking around? reader's ex is still obsessed with her 🙄, light smut cuz why not
listen to the song by the beautiful colson baker and blackbear 🤗

y/n rolled her eyes as her phone pinged once more. her ex boyfriend, Cole, wouldn't stop messaging her.

after a year of dating they were still good friends, but what Cole didn't know was that
y/n was in another relationship.

"ignore that." Spencer muttered firmly, sucking a hickey into y/n's neck.

"you know he's not gonna leave it alone til i turn off the ringer." she said back, her fingers knotted in Spencer's soft hair.

Spencer pulled back, another ding coming through. he glared at y/n before getting up and grabbing her phone.

she watched as he silenced it, putting it in the other room. "you need to tell him to leave you alone." Spencer growled.

"okay, you big baby."

"no, y/n, i'm serious." Spencer said. he was towering over as he stood and she sat on the couch.

y/n sighed, knowing that the mood was ruined. "you know i can't do that, Spence."

"why?"

"because then he'll know i'm in another relationship."

"what's so bad about that?"

y/n stayed quiet.

"are you embarrassed of me?"

"what- no."

"it seems like it." Spencer snapped.

"Spence-"

"no, y/n." Spencer sighed, grabbing his things from the kitchen island.

"where are you going?" y/n asked.

"home. i don't wanna argue with you right now."

"Spencer-" she tried grabbing onto him but he just shrugged her off, closing the door.

"god fucking damn it." she swore, locking the door and stomping to her room.

-

y/n walked into the bar, a tight black dress with matching black shoes. she felt good- she knew she looked good.

"y/n! hi! you look great!" Cole greeted, pulling her into an awkward hug. Spencer stood tall next to him, something dark in his eyes as he stared at her.

y/n never looked away from Spencer's gaze. Cole cleared his throat, the sexual tension thick. "ready to party?"

"as i'll ever be." y/n muttered under her breath.

-

later that night... well morning, y/n tipsily walked to her car. Spencer was straight sober, knowing how his girlfriend gets.

"i'm so lost, Spence." she began rambling as he started the car.

"why, love?" he asked.

"Cole! i hate him- but i don't- but i love you- and he's just a friend and you... well you're my life." she exclaimed.

Spencer smiled slightly.

"are you sure that isn't the alcohol talking?"

"yes! you're my whole world." she said, staring at the man's shaggy brown hair.

"you're my whole world too, y/n. and i'm sorry for what happened the other night- i was upset. we'll tell Cole when you're ready, okay?"

"thank you." she kissed his veiny hand.

as they walked into the elevator in silence, y/n swallowed the lump in her throat. suddenly, they both jumped at each other.

y/n's hands were in Spencer's hair as his hands were placed firmly on her waist, bringing her closer as they kissed passionately.

the elevator was reaching the destination, but the couple didn't care. all they needed was each other.

Spencer only pulled away when the lift stopped moving and they practically ran to the door of the apartment.

y/n unlocked it quickly, slamming it shut behind Spencer as they raced into the bedroom. he unbuttoned his shirt, staring at her in the eyes as she bit her lip.

"you're so fucking hot." he groaned, kissing her into the bed.

"mmmm" she hummed, slipping off her dress.

-

"what the hell-" Cole woke them up the next morning.

y/n and Spencer jumped out of bed, looking at their friend's shocked expression.

"how the fuck did you get in here?" y/n asked, lifting the covers over her bare body.

"the door was left unlocked and you weren't answering the phone. now i can see why." Cole spat. he stormed out of the apartment.

"whatever. fuck him, i didn't like him that much anyway." Spencer said harshly.

y/n grinned.

"secrets out."