First Date (s.r)

spencer reid x reader
summary: spencer finally asks reader out
warnings: fluff

"Y/n!" Spencer called out, catching up to you in the elevator. it was just the two of you, and you perked up at his voice.

"yeah, Spence?" you asked, looking at the man.

"um.. th..there's a new movie playing at the theater right now. it's a(n) (genre) movie, your favorite. if you wanna go, a new time is playing in forty minutes."

"are you asking me out, Spencer Reid?" you teased, a grin plastered on your face.

"sort of?" Spencer mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"sure, Spence. i'll meet you over there?" you questioned, stepping off the elevator. the lanky man followed you out.

"yeah, okay." Spencer nodded, giving you a nervous smile as you parted ways to your cars.

when you got into your seat, you smiled to yourself. finally that boy had the guts to ask you out.

the ride to the cinema was about fifteen minutes, and you stood there patiently waiting for the genius.

you did your best to freshen up in the car, applying more deodorant and perfume. you fixed up your hair, and fixed up your makeup.

a minute later your coworker walked up to you.

"hi!" you smiled.

the man grinned at your happiness, all of his nerves going away.

"i'll buy the tickets." he suggested, pulling out his card at the ticket booth.

"then i'm buying the snacks." you replied, taking the tickets and walking inside.

"but i asked you-"

"Spencer, i can't let you pay for everything. let me pay for the snacks." you softly smiled at him.

he still looked slightly confused.

"please?" you pleaded.

"alright, but i'll pay you back."

"you can pay me back at our next date." you winked, causing the boy to start blushing.

you laughed, walking over to counter.

five minutes later, you two sat down in the middle of the theater. a medium popcorn sat in between you two, each having a drink in the cup holder.

candy was shared among the two of you in the first thirty minutes of the movie.

around half way through, you softly leaned into Spencer. cautiously, his right arm wrapped around your shoulders as you nuzzled into his side.

Spencer stopped focusing on the movie, his attention now on you.

you looked so breathtaking. your (h/c) hair was all over his arm, your head resting on his shoulder as you watched the screen amused.

he had your face memorized, thanks to his eidetic memory. but, he still loved looking at your features. you were absolutely beautiful.

at the end of the film, you two walked out of the theater and towards the parking lot.

"i can't believe that ending." you said.

"i know! it was so lame!" Spencer responded, as you two approached your car.

a comfortable silence fell between the two of you.

"thank you." you softly smiled.

"for what?" Spencer questioned.

"for this date. i had fun. you're fun to be around, Doctor." you replied.

Spencer grinned.

"i'll see you tomorrow, okay Spence?" you smiled, turning to get into your car.

"wait." Spencer stopped you.

"hm?" you hummed, turning to be face to face with your coworker.

his hand softly cupped your chin, as he slowly placed his lips on yours.

the kiss was soft, and you two soon became blushing messes.

he felt you smile into the kiss, causing his lips to curve into a grin.

when you two pulled away, you rested your forehead on his.

"best. date. ever." you both whispered, looking into each other's eyes with stupid grins on your faces.