+ 31 : Another chance +

(Y/n) was in deep slumber, her body rested in an uncomfortable looking position where one arm was way off the sofa she fell asleep on.

A finished bowl of carrot soup was left on the table leaving behind traces of the soup's warm scent, it would slowly leave the apartment from the door that was slightly open after the tired girl fell asleep before being able to lock up for the night.

Around 5 in the morning, Childe spared no hesitation in entering (Y/n)'s apartment through the open door.

Before her sleeping figure, he fell to his knees welcoming the wave of relief he felt seeing her safe, and sound in her slumber.

(Y/n) shifted in her sleep, then woke up after feeling the presence of someone else. She struggled to open her eyes, still feeling lethargic. "Childe...?" She mumbled his name.

"Good morning, love."

"Imagine waking up from a dream just to be in another dream." She snorted.

"You really think this is a dream?" Childe's cool blue eyes looked intently at the features of her face, wondering if she was ever this pretty.

"It isn't?"

"Should we kiss to find out?"

"Can I brush my teeth first?" (Y/n) got up from the sofa and walked passed her boyfriend like he was air. She left to brush her teeth while Childe was feeling impatient.

---

An hour earlier...

Scaramouche was expecting Childe to arrive, but not on a helicopter. The loud noise it made had him rush outside his apartment looking quite surprised even though he should've expected this. It was the rich boy after all.

The helicopter was hovering right by the door to his apartment, Childe jumped down and tackled Scaramouche, his hands wrapped around the navy haired male's throat.

"Where is she Scaramouche?!"

"H-her apartment." Scaramouche struggled to speak.

"Liar!"

"She isn't... Here. See for yourself."

Under normal circumstances, Scaramouche wouldn't accept being treated like this, but if the two were to fight perhaps both of them would suffer severe injuries.

Childe got off of the smaller male below him and barged into the apartment, searching for (Y/n) frantically.

"She isn't here. This was all a set-up to get you to come back."

"Like I'd believe that! I left, isn't that what you wanted?" Childe scoffed.

"It was what I wanted, but not what (Y/n) did."

"So you're implying you helped her? I'm not a fool Scaramouche."

"Idiot!" Scaramouche clenched his fists. "When will you ever learn that leaving someone because you think that they deserve better will change anything?! You're supposed to work it out together! You fucking donkey!

(Y/n) is... (Y/n) is someone I consider a friend now. She is strong, and she is forgiving. She wanted to work out what is between both of you, how could you discard someone like that?!"

"Scara-"

"Go to her now damn it. I don't want to see you here."

Scaramouche refused to look at the face of the idiot before him as it only fueled his anger even more. Childe was at a loss of words, feeling guilty for his actions.

He loved (y/n), and it made his heart ache every moment since the day he left.

---

(Y/n) looked up at Childe. So many different emotions mixed inside of her, in the end she could barely feel a thing.

Her boyfriend leaned in, about to kiss her but before he could, she lifted her hand and slapped his cheek.

"You put me through so much confusion, anger, pain! What are you doing here?!" Tears started streaming down her face, she pulled Childe down to her level by his collar and kissed him roughly.

His hands snaked to her waist and pulled her even closer to him. Her skin was cold, like the weather this early morning.

"I'm sorry, (Y/n)." He spoke after the two broke from the kiss. "I am a horrible boyfriend. But I'll make it up to you from now on." Childe wiped the tears off of (Y/n)'s face with his thumb. A faint blush was on his face accompanied by warm breaths, wondering if it would be a bad time to kiss his girlfriend again.

"If you say it while looking like that it's hard to stay upset." The girl frowned, looking away from Childe.

"I love you (Y/n)."

"C-childe?!" She was caught off guard. "You say that when all it took was an argument between a friend for you to leave me."

"I know, I messed up real bad. but I'll prove it from here on out."

"Fine. I... Love you too Childe, you idiot." (Y/n) wrapped her arms around his slender figure.

"Say that one more time for me please?"

"No."

"Why not?" Childe whimpered. "Oh, and about the photo Scaramouche sent me."

"That was his idea! He said it would be most efficient in having you get back here."

"I know, I know. I'm just jealous he got to see you like that." Childe's demeanor changed, the look in his eyes turned lustful.

His hands started to roam (Y/n)'s body until it got under her shirt.

It's been so long since (Y/n) last got to feel his touch, especially like this. The feeling made her too weak to resist him.

"Can we?" Childe asks. Although he was asking, no part of him wanted to stop. He could feel (Y/n)'s steady heartbeat, her breathing growing more heavy the longer his hands touched her, reaching more ambitious places.

"I don't mind." She responded, trying to act aloof. But her body couldn't lie, they both wanted each other. Especially after the painful time they spent apart.

+ another chance +