Chapter 1

Carrie's POV

It was a hectic Friday morning. All of the kids were up and it was time to go to school. All of the kids except for Molly and Jason were at the kitchen table eating breakfast while I finished making their lunches. Molly was getting ready like she normally did and Jason was running around the house frantic for his football stuff just like he did every morning. Mike was still out of town from away games but was supposed to be back sometime this afternoon.

"Mom, where is my football uniform?!" Jason yelled from upstairs.

"Hanging up in the laundry room!" I yelled back so he could hear me. It was moments later that Jason had skipped downstairs and walked past me in the kitchen to make his way to the laundry room to get his jersey.

"Don't forget to eat breakfast, Jason," I reminded him.

He came back out of the laundry room shoving his jersey into his football bag as I handed him a plate of breakfast. He then went up to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek and said, "Thank you, Mama."

"You're welcome, sweetie," I smiled back. I loved that he was such a Mama's boy. I thought for sure I would never have to worry about him. As he went over to join his siblings at the kitchen table, I recognized how good he was with all the little ones.

"Jasey!" Charlotte squealed as she jumped onto his lap. Charlotte loved her big brother to the moon and back. It was easy to tell. "Do you have a game tonight?"

"Yes, I do," he said has he tapped her nose with his index finger. "Is my biggest cheerleader gonna be there?"

"Mama, do I get to go to Jason's game tonight?" Charlotte asked looking over to me with her cute little puppy dog face.

I couldn't help but chuckle, "Yes, we do."

"Yay! I get to see you score a million touchdowns!" Charlotte declared.

Jason laughed, "A million touchdowns?! Well, that's a very tall order to fill."

"Better not suck like you did last time," Mia commented.

"Amelia Rose Fisher," I scolded.

"Sorry, Mama," Mia instantly apologized.

"Mama, do I have soccer practice tonight?" Maddie asked me.

"Shoot, ya you do. I forgot," I said. "Um...Maybe Molly can drop you off on her way to the game tonight."

"No! Molly was going to drop me off at Carly's house before the game," Maddie whined.

"Since when?" Molly questioned as she entered the kitchen.

"I was going to ask you as soon as you got down here," Maddie explained.

"Well, I am not your taxi," Molly told her in a sassy tone.

"Molly, you can take Maddie to her friend's house. It is literally on the way to school," I told Molly.

"You can't be serious," Molly argued.

"As long as your dad and I were the ones that paid for the car, we can tell you where you can and cannot drive it," I told her authoritatively. "And where did you get that shirt from?"

"I got it at the mall when I went with my friends the other day," Molly answered. She was wearing a black aztec printed shirt that clearly showed about half of her stomach.

"Well, you are not wearing it to school," I told her. "Go change."

"But-"

"Go!" I demanded. Most of the kids were easy to handle. Molly on the other hand, was quite a handful. Mike and I have to make sure we always kept her on a short leash especially where she was in high school.

I checked the time to see that it was 7:15.

"I've gotta get going, Mama. I'll see you tonight," Jason said grabbing his lunch and heading out to his car that was in the garage.

"Good luck tonight, sweetie!" I said to Jason before he left.

"Molly, hurry up! It's time to go!" Mia yelled.

"Shut up or you can take the bus!" Molly yelled back from her room.

"Chloe and Maddie, you two should probably head out to the corner to wait for the bus," I suggested. Both of the girls got up and grabbed their backpacks and lunches. I each gave them a hug and a kiss goodbye before they were off. Minutes later, Molly was running downstairs and Mia followed her out the door and to Molly's car that was in the garage. After I cleaned up, I took Grayson and Charlotte to preschool. Seven kids was a lot. But I was thankful for every single one.