Chapter 6

It was another big day in the Fisher house. Grayson had his first baseball game. He woke up early Saturday morning running straight into his parents' bedroom and hopping up on top of their king sized bed and crawling up his mother's side and sitting on top of her.

"Mommy! Mommy! Is it time for baseball yet?" he asked shaking her awake.

"Grayson, your baseball game isn't until the afternoon. Go back to sleep," his father groaned rolling over facing the youngest son who was on top of Carrie. "Grayson, get off of your mother."

"Daddy, I can't go back to sleep," Grayson said.

At this point, Carrie who was not a morning person due to having a show the night before, rolled onto her back squinting her eyes open, readjusting herself into a more comfortable position even though her son was still sitting on top of her, even though he did not weigh that much.

"How about you and me go downstairs and make breakfast together while we let Daddy sleep a little longer," Carrie suggested tiredly. Grayson waited for his mother patiently on the bed as she went into their bathroom to use the restroom, wash her face, and brush her teeth. When Carrie came back into the bedroom, Grayson and her left to go downstairs hand in hand to make breakfast.

Carrie pulled up a stool up by the stove and counter so Grayson could help. Her kids surprisingly loved to help her and Mike cook especially the little ones. Although they keep a close watch on the little ones near the stove at all times when they help.

"So are you excited for your game today, bud?" Carrie asked.

"Yes!" he shouted.

Carrie couldn't help but giggle at her youngest son's excitement. "I'm glad you are excited! We gotta keep a little quiet though because we don't want to wake the others up."

"Okay," Grayson replied. "Is everyone going to be at my game today?"

"Everyone except for Chloe and Molly. Chloe has a dance competition so Molly is taking her to that. But everyone else should be there. I think even Mark and Ivey might come!"

Thinking about all of those people coming to watch him made him laugh of happiness. He was so young and was excited about everything. It made Carrie smile constantly. By the time breakfast was ready, Molly, Chloe, Mia, and Charlotte were all up and downstairs. Jason and Maddie were still asleep as well as Mike. The family that was there though gathered around the table to say grace and eat.

"Molly, are you still good to get Chloe to her dance competition?" Carrie asked.

"Ya, but you need to give me an address," Molly answered.

"I want to go!" Mia piped in.

"You're going to Grayson's first baseball game," Carrie reminded her.

"Ugh, but why does Molly get to go?" Mia complained.

"Because she has to take Chloe and do her hair in between her dances. Otherwise, she would be going to the baseball game today," Carrie told her trying to ignore her daughter's eye rolling. "Chloe, after you're done head upstairs so I can do your hair."
Carrie and Chloe met up in Carrie's bathroom where Carrie started to run a brush through Chloe's long blonde hair.

"You excited for your competition today, sweetie?" Carrie asked her daughter. Chloe was a quiet and shy girl, much like her mother. This being said, she was nervous out of her mind to go to the competition without her mother who has never missed one. And even worse, Chloe had a solo. She was a beautiful dancer, but without her mom there, she lacked the confidence in believing that.

"Yeah, but I'm nerv-" Chloe started to say but was interrupted when a little girl's ear piercing scream was sounded throughout the house causing Carrie to jump in fear and nervousness. She practically sprinted down the stairs and into the kitchen to find all of the kids gathered around the sink.