Chapter 16

All of the kids were at school and Mike had hockey practice. Meanwhile, Carrie had the day off so she took a much needed trip to the grocery store. For the most part, she always had at least one kid with her and it was okay, but they always whined and complained the whole time. Now that she was alone on her trip, she could spend however much time she wanted and not worry about any kids.

This time was peaceful to Carrie. She got to go up and down each aisle multiple times, examine each and every label thoroughly before putting it in her cart. As she went down the next aisle, she wanted to run, and run fast. However, she was too stunned that she stood frozen in her tracks, her face going pale.

"Carrie?" the cold man's voice recognized. That's when she knew she was caught, and she couldn't run or hide from him.

"What are you doing here?" she asked quietly as he approached her.

"Exactly why you think I'm here," he grimaced. "So when are we gonna meet up again?"

"I thought you said you were tired of me," she reminded him.

"But Care, that was so long ago. I want to have a little fun for the sake of old times," he whispered in her ear.

"Well, I don't," she stepped away.

"You know I could care less whether you actually want to or not," he said. "Remember, I have things."

The thought of that broke Carrie. She thought it was over. She had built an entire career, she moved out of town as fast as she could, she met the man of her dreams where they built their dream house that had their beautiful and wonderful kids. All of it was crashing down and rapidly. She knew she didn't have a choice.

"Where should we meet?" Carrie asked him.

"Mai, that's the night club downtown right?" he asked her.

"I think so," she shrugged.

"Meet there at 9 tonight," he said before walking away, leaving her stranded.

The last thing she wanted to do was go out that night, but she knew she didn't have a choice. Travis knew things about her. No, he had things about her. Things that if released to the public, it would ruin her entire career. If released, it could ruin her entire marriage and the family she worked so hard for.

That evening, her kids came home from school where she fed them their after school snack like she always did. However, she was extremely quiet. She couldn't even look at her kids without feeling guilty or as if she had let them down. Things were headed for complete and utter turmoil, and Carrie was about to transform into an entirely different person, into something Travis made her into.

"Where's your mom?" Mike asked Jason when he had just gotten home from work.

"I think she's upstairs in the bedroom," he told him.

Mike already knew something was up. Dinner was just newly made which was totally normal, but all of the kids had already started eating and his wife wasn't down there with them as usual. He made his way upstairs to their bedroom where she wasn't there either. He checked the bedroom to see her getting ready as if she were about to go somewhere in her tight leather pants, loose black tank top, and heels.

"What are you doing?" he asked her.

"Just getting ready," she answered rather shortly. "Me and a few cowriters are going out to the bar to listen to some shows."

She only ever did this rarely. Sometimes, her cowriters would go out to the bars to listen to some artists just so they could get a hint of inspiration. Mike didn't really know that though. He just went along with it. Although he still found it rather odd.

"On a Thursday night?" he questioned.

"It's just for work," she continued to lie.

"Okay," he nodded before wrapping his arms around her from behind. "Well, you look hot."

"Don't," she stopped him, squirming out of his grasp.

"What's wrong?" he asked her, looking concerned. She never squirmed out of him like that. It was as if she was uncomfortable to be around him, and that was far from normal.

"Nothing," she groaned. "I just want time alone right now."

Mike didn't really try to pry at her too much. He thought she was just PMSing or something, so he tried to leave her alone. Little did he know, she needed him now more than ever.

Carrie left the house without even saying goodbye to anyone. Looking straight at her kids or Mike would absolutely crush her, especially with what she was about to do. She drove to the night club downtown that night and immediately spotted Travis. He wasn't hard to find because they had specific meeting spots in clubs like these. There he was, closest booth to the back left corner.

"Glad you remembered," he gave a devious grin at her. He patted the seat next to his and she sat there dreadfully. He put his arm around her waist, and she let him. She didn't have a choice. He slid drink over to her from across the table that was already there when she arrived. "I got you a drink, your favorite. Vodka makes you sexier."

She took the drink unwillingly. He always slipped something in it and she never knew what. The only thing she knew is that she would wake up and not have a clue where she was, no clothes on, not remembering the last 24 hours, and having the most painful sensations of her life. It was a constant event. As soon as she recovered, he would make her do it again and again, until he had enough of her.

There weren't too many words exchanged between Travis and Carrie the entire night, just actions. They made out in that booth, and she was too drugged up and wasted to even pull away from his sloppy kisses. It was as if she was under his spell, and she had absolutely no control over her body.

Travis always knew when the time was right that she was in a completely blank state. That was when he helped her out of the club and took her to his hotel in his car, where he took complete advantage of her. She barely even conscious. She was too weak to even react to what he was doing. In some ways, she was glad that she could never remember. Because she knew that by the way she felt the next day, he had raped her over and over again, more forcefully than the last.

And there wasn't a single thing she could do about it.