Chapter 3: And let the race begin

Morning came by really fast, I was the first one to wake up. I shook Kei's shoulder as I said in a low voice.

"Heeey, Kei, wake up"

"UM..AAAH..Kiyotaka, good morning"

"Good morning" she said.

After everyone woke up we decided that I would go to the beach with Senku and Tsukasa, apparently Tsukasa was going to get us some fish, while Senku and I would tag along. Kei said that she's too tired from yesterday so she will stay, and for Taiju he already went to the beach to get some more shells.

When arrived at the beach, Tsukasa went straight to start fishing. When he went to a point that he won't be able to hear us I said.

"Senku, you know that kind of precautions is going to do nothing"

"What do you mean?" Senku said, obviously feigning ignorance.

"You know what I mean," I said.

"Oii, Kiyotaka, you know only perverts peep on other people"

I sighed, I'm talking seriously here and he's throwing jokes here and there.

"Kukuku, but what do you want me to do, even if it won't work, it's better than nothing." He continued.

"Senku, why do want to revive everyone?" I asked.

"Do you want to revive everyone?" He replied with a question.

"It doesn't matter for me, but living in a world like the previous one is of course better than this one" I answered.

"Personally I'm doing it for science," he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"you know humans are all the same, everyone has some type of curiosity over something, its levels may differ, but everyone is curious, from the youngest who are curious about nature and probably everything in the world, to the eldest who are curious about what would happen after death. I'm sure it's the same for you" He said.

He's right, everyone is curious, Curiosity was the one that pushed me to move forward, it was the one that made me run away from my father, it was what made me enter the advanced nurturing school.

I nodded in agreement.

"Well it's the same for me, I was curious, I wanted to know more about that petrification light, I wanted to know if I could create 2 million years worth of inventions in this stone world" He continued.

"that's a good reason" I answered.

"Senkuu" Tsukasa yelled.

"Do you really want to revive everyone" He continued.

"Of course" Senku answered almost immediately.

"you know Senku, a long time ago, there was a kid, he wanted to get his little sister a necklace, he had no money, so he decided to make a necklace from seashells. Then a man caught him, he beat the kid until his face was unrecognizable, saying that the kid was stealing." Tsukasa said as he crushed a stone statue with his right hand.

Once we revive everyone, everybody will start to say, this spot was mine, this thing was mine. And the evil people will just rise back again.

So why don't we just revive the good-natured people. It's a chance to purify humanity, don't you agree with me Senku, Kiyotaka"

When Tsukasa finished, Senku approached him, stopping him from destroying another statue.

"Tsukasa,kukuku, you know, you have killed a person," Senku said.