First day

Katies POV (pic of Katie ⬆⬆)

I dress smart but not to smart. I leave my long wavy dark hair down, and apply make up, before getting in my car, which is already packed with everything I need for my first day of teaching English to high school students. I'm nervous but exited in a way. I know I'm young to be teaching, but I finished high school when I was 17 and graduated from university when I was 21 and here I am now on my first day of teaching at the age of (just turned) 22. I know, I'm a young woman with curves and large breasts teaching to horny teenage boys, what am I thinking? Then again, I'm lesbian, so I'm used to putting boys in there place.

I arrive at school and make my way to my class room. I came the day before to bring a few boxes with posters of quotes from poets and writes and posters with pictures of writers like Shakespeare and Charles Dickons. I will probably ask a few of my students to help me put them up and put all the books on the shelves. The bell goes, so I make my way and check my times table and see that I have my mentoring class now, with my A levels (grade 13, final year). I see that I have them twice today, once now for their mentoring class and then later in 8th period for English. The students start to file in, and I take each of them in, and I notice the different types of students. Some of them nod and smile at me politely or say 'hello ma'am', and I smile and nod back. There's the hot shot jock and his two jock friends, there is the cheerleader perfect hot girl and her little group of wanna-bes, and there's the straight A girl with her head in a book and the straight A boy watching her from the other side of the room wondering how he should ask her out, and there's the fandom group and so on. Once I see that the majority of the class is here I stand and call for silence.

"Good morning everyone, I am your new English teacher and your mentor, for those who weren't sure what class they were in-" I pause as a smile comes to everyone's faces and laughter ripples through the room, "My name is Katie Matthews, but Miss Matthews or Miss M to you." I take my seat and cross my legs and intertwine my fingers on the desk.

"Today," I continue, "I thought we should just start by each of you telling me your name and three interesting things about yourself, starting with the back row and making our way forward and ending with me." I end with a smile. I listen to each of my students introduce themselves and tell me a little bit about themselves and just as we finish with the last student, (a blonde boy named Patrick who likes water polo, soccer and chilling with friends), the door opens. I turn and see the principal, Misses Kinsley. I stand and walk forward to shake her hand.

"Sorry to interrupt your lesson miss Matthews, but I have a student of yours who is new like you, and who I was just showing around." she says, and steps aside to let a girl come into my view, and my breath hitches in my throat. She's a little shorter than me and a bit smaller. She's wearing black all stars, black skinny jeans that show her perfect fit legs, a white tank top and a black leather jacket. She has dark Brown wavy hair, but shorter than mine. She has dark chocolate brown eyes, long eye lashes and tannedish skin. She's so God damn cute and pretty and adorable....dammit Katie, she's your student, do not think like that. But just by her looks and the kind of attitude She gives off I can tell She's so my type.

"Hello ma'am," she says, smiling and shaking my hand. Her skin is so soft and her hand shake is firm, and when she smiles little cute dimples appear...

I smile back and gester for her to take a seat. I thank the principal and close the door when she leaves and I return to my desk.

"So what's your name?" I ask the new girl.

"Lucy. Lucy Butler." she says smiling.

"Well Lucy, My name is miss Matthews, and just before you came, all the other students said three important things about themselves, so why don't you go and I will then answer any questions any of you have for me about me." I say smiling at her. I never took my eyes off hers and I noticed how she held my gaze and never looked away or like she was even remotely intimidated or scared of me, which was a first. I know I'm a very intimidating person and not very many people can hold my gaze.