Days apart

Jessica's POV

I studied Katie with interest. I have never seen her like this before. Never this whipped about someone. She has always been the lesbian on top, the one in control of her relationships. Sure, all her past girlfriends were always so inlove with her, I could see it, and I could see that Katie never felt the same way towards them. And She was never into younger girls. Maybe a year or a few months younger, but FIVE years?? Not Katie. Then, I met Lucy, and I can understand Why Katie is so hooked onto her. She's perfect for Katie. She's clever, quick, funny, adorable and fucking hot. And, from the way Lucy kept looking at Katie with that look in her eyes, she is totally inlove with Katie. Right now it's a Tuesday afternoon and Katie and I are at Katies house watching a movie after I helped her grade a few grade eleven papers.

"Do you love her?" I blurt out. I know she does, but I need to hear it. I need to know if this Lucy really is the one for my Katie.

"W-what?" Katie stammers, turning to me sharply and freezing.

"Katie, do you love her? Do you love Lucy?" I ask tightly again. She stares at me for a few moments before looking away.

"Look Katie," I say reaching for the remote and switching off the TV, "I know you well Kat, and I know it's hard for you to admit you love someone. But, I can see How much you care about this girl. So, do you love her?"

"Yes. More than anything." She says quietly and finally looking me in the eyes. My breath catches in my throat when I see the utmost truth in her eyes. Katie has always had this intense, intimidating, intelligent and striking look in her eyes, and never, ever have I seen weakness in her stare. But now, that's what I see and I am shocked. Damn Lucy is lucky. To somehow make Katie Matthews fall in love with you with in only a few weeks is a chance of one in a million. I need to ask her how she did it...

I nod, drag myself closer to her so I can cuddle with her and un pause The TV and we go back to watching like nothing happened. This is what I lobe about being best friends with Katie. We can talk about the most serious things and then go back to stupid things in a matter of minutes.

***

Katies POV

"Considering you got to choose where we went last Friday and I met your friends, can I choose where we go this Saturday and you can meet my friends?" Lucy says over the phone.

"I know your friends. I happen to treach them." I say simply, rolling my eyes.

"Exactly, you know them as students, not as people. There's a difference." She says, and I can literally hear her eyes roll.

"Ok ok, fine," I chuckle,"where are we gonna go?"

"Mmm. I was thinking paintball..." She says, obviously thinking about something.

"You sure? I will kick your ass." I tease, smugly.

"I'm sure," She snorts sarcastically.

"I will young padawon. We can be on opposite teams and may the best one win," I says smiling as I hear her laugh. Fuck I love her laugh.

"Ok sounds awesome. I will call my friends and tell them." She says still giggling.

"Bye baby girl, see you tomorrow." I say, sending her a kiss through the phone.

"Night night Miss Matthews. Dream naughty things of me," She says slyly and ending the call before I could yell at her for teasing me. I chuckle to myself and shake my head before feeding my cat. Oh yes. Kyle bought me a cat because he says I need one, for whatever reason I do not know. He said something about all Lesbians loving cats. He does have a point. I have fallen in love with this small cat. Its actually really cute because it's still a kitten and Kyle named It Darth Vader because its pitch black, but I call him DV for short.