Trainer's Delight

It was the first day of training, and I was promoted to the rank of Sergeant. It was an honor, but I didn't wanna do this for myself, I wanna do this for my family.

Born in a Military family had its perks and I was going to use all of them to my advantage. Around 75 recruits were standing in rows, as Armin was in the first row, while Eren and Mikasa were in the third. I was covered with a hoodie to surprise the recruits.

After a little bit of being at ease, Sadies and I hooded, walked toward them. "Listen you maggots! My name is Keith Sadies and you will grow to hate me! But I won't be doing this alone! Please welcome a fellow trainer of mine, Sergeant (Y/N) (L/N)!" He took the hoodie off of me and as he did, Eren, Mikasa, and Armin were in shock.

Their faces told the entire story from beginning to end: they're fucked.

Fortunately for them, they're on my good side because they're my friends, but I learned from the Commandant that I can't give them the special treatment, so I have to give them the same hell as the rest of the recruits were going to get. The only time I'll be myself is when I'm with them, so I have to be careful on the actions I make. "Sergeant, you start with the second row, I'll work with the first row!"

"Yes sir!"

As I make my way towards the beginning of the second row, I approached a tall blonde girl with her hair tied in a bun. I have my sights set on Mikasa, but I think, maybe I'll have some fun. "What is your name, recruit?" She salutes with a blank expression on her face. "Annie Leonheart, sir." "What do you wanna do?" It's personal sir." "I see. I'll let that pass since it's personal to you." She gave a small smile as I smiled back. "Yes sir", she said.

I moved on to a kid with black hair, much taller than me and Annie combined, he saluted with a look that seems suspicious, but I ignored it.

"Your name, son!" "Bertolt Hoover! From Ishigami village!" "What are you here to be!" "To help protect the walls and join the Garrison!" "How will you help the walls?" As I asked him, he had a silent expression on his face. I didn't wanna question it, so I moved onto a muscular blonde kid.

"Your name!" "Reiner Braun from Ishigami Village as well! Reporting for duty, sir!" "What's your goal, cadet!" "To join the Scouts and retake what was once ours!" "That's a good goal, young man. I hope you like training, because Shadies and I, we love it!" "Sir!"

I then moved onto a very short, blonde girl with the face of an angel, and this should be interesting. "What's an adorable little girl like yourself doing in a place like this!" This girl was blushing so much, I thought it was so adorable!

"Krista Lenz from Stohess District, Wall Sina!" "What do you aspire to be?" "To be a Scout, sir!" "Take it easy, Cadet Lenz. Only call me (Y/N) when we're not training. How does that sound?" She replied with a smile, "Sounds good."

As I just finished the second row, I noticed a tall brunette eating a potato. Keith dropped the bald kid as he walked over.

"You're officially on my shit-list! Just who the hell do you think you are!" The brunette kept eating, ignoring Keith and his question. I walked over to let her know that he's not messing around. "He asked you a question, smartass! Who the fuck are you!"

The brunette finally gulps her potato and salutes, leaving crumbs on her mouth. "Sasha Brause from Drauper Village! Reporting for duty, sirs!" The girl finally said something, pissing us off. I said, "Sasha Brause. What is that in your left hand?" She replied, "A steamed potato. I found it in a steamer in the kitchen." "The theft, we understand. But why? Why eat it here of all places?" Keith said. She said with confusion. "Sirs? Are you asking me why we eat potatoes? I'm surprised you didn't know." Then she did something we'd thought she never do: give us not even half of the fucking potato! "Here sirs, have half." Keith said "Half?" She had a smug grin on her stupid face.