Chapter 4: Disappeared

"What do you mean the charges won't stick?" Kelly looked at me confused.

"You think this is the first time I pressed charges against him? You don't think I've been down this road before? He has friends in high places that get him off every time." I just started crying. "This is why I came back to Chicago. I was hoping he would just let me be and stay in LA. But he followed me here."

"I thought you just got back?"

I choked back a sob. "I've been back for almost a year now." I just looked down at my hands not wanting to meet any of their eyes.

"Why didn't you come around sooner?" Kelly asked me.

"I did... but you guys looked so happy. I couldn't just jump back into your life. Not after everything."

Flashback

I had been in town about a week. I was starting over. Starting fresh. I left my abusive fiancé back in LA. I finally decide today was the day. The day I would try and reconnect with Casey and Kelly.

I drove over to 51. I got out of my car and took a deep breath heading up the driveway. Then I saw him and just stopped. I felt a lump form in my throat. Was I really about to throw myself back into Kelly's life?

Just as I got the courage to continue walking. A girl had walked out the office and walked over to Severide and started flirting. He looked so happy. She took his hand and led him away. My heart sank. I knew I couldn't do this. I couldn't just come and interrupt the life he had created without me...

End of Flashback

I could see the look of guilt on Kelly's face. "Kelly don't. You had every right to life your life."

Gabby's phone started going off so she excused herself to answer it. "Antonio what's going on?"

"Gabby, Voight kicked me out of the car. And then AL got in and they took off. I have no idea where they took Justin. But something tells me Shelby won't have to worry about the charges sticking. She will probably never see Justin again."

"Seriously?" Gabby couldn't believe what her brother was telling her. She knew Voight had ways of dealing with things but she didn't know the extent till now. "I'll let everyone know."

"Gabby, remember we did not have this conversation. This stays between all of us."

"Yes for sure Antonio."

Gabby ended the phone call and headed back to the living room. We all looked at Gabby wondering what the phone call was about. "Um guys that was Antonio and he told me that Voight took off with Justin."

I looked at gabby confused. Everyone else seem to know how Voight operated so they weren't as surprised. "What does that mean exactly?"

"He doesn't think you will need to worry about those charges sticking this time."

I got the hint. I knew that meant Voight had taken care of Justin and no one would find his body. I almost felt relieved at the fact I didn't have to look over my shoulder anymore. "Kelly can you follow me home?"

"Sure Bee. Anything." Kelly stood up to start walking out the door with me. "Shay I can come back and get you or maybe Dawson can take you home?"

"Don't worry Kelly I've got her." Dawson said giving her best friend a sideways hug.

"Thanks."

"Kelly just be careful. Don't get too attached already." Shay was worried about her best friend. She knew how Kelly could get. She was worried that I would just disappear and leave Kelly high and dry again.