Chapter 10: Marry Me?

The cabin was covered in a layer of dust. It appeared no one had been their in quite sometime.

"I take it your dad doesn't come out here?"

"No not really. He's busy with Beth." Kelly sat our bags down on the counter and began looking for something to wipe the dust away.

Kelly finally found a rag. He began to wipe up some of the dust.

"So Kelly what do you want to do while we are out here?"

"I honestly don't care. I just wanted to get away. Needed out of Chicago for a few days."

I totally understood what Kelly meant. I remember the feeling. "I get it Kel. Why don't we sit on the couch and watch a movie?"

Kelly nodded and followed me over to the couch. Kelly laid on his side allowing me to lay on my side in front of him. Kelly pulled the blanket over them and I turned on a movie.

Kelly had his arm wrapped around me holding me close. We both felt right at home.

I was realizing how much I still loved him and how much I didn't want to let him go. The movie had ended and I was flipping through trying to find something else to watch.

"Marry me?"

I froze. Had I really heard that. I turned my head to look at Kelly. "Did you? Did you just ask me to marry you?"

"Marry me again. I don't want to ever lose you again."

Tears were welling up in my eyes. How could he still want to marry me? Even after everything I put him through.

Kelly saw the tears forming. "I'm sorry. Forget I sa..."

"Kelly stop." I turned over to face him. "Yes." I just smiled at him.

"Yes?" I nodded my head. Kelly leaned in and kissed her. "I still have your old ring. Or I can get a new one."

"Kel I don't care. I just want to be with you."

"I love you."

"I love you too Kel."

Over the next couple days we watched movies and enjoyed our time together. It was the morning when we needed to head back. We were packing up.

"So do you want to tell the firehouse?"

"That's up to you Bee."

"Kelly, it should be a decision we both agree on."

"It will be hard to not kiss you at work if we keep it a secret."

"Then we tell. I don't want to keep secrets from our family."

Kelly walked over and took both my hands in his. He leaned his forehead against mine. "Agreed." He then planted a kiss to my forehead.

We loaded up the car and headed back to the city. We made a quick stop at the house to drop some stuff off and grab our work gear.

Kelly was digging through some of his boxes trying to find my ring.

"Kelly we are going to be late."

"I'm not leaving tillI find your ring." Kelly kept digging. After a couple more boxes Kelly finally found it. He opened the box to find both of their rings inside. He then walked over and slipped the ring back on my finger.

I just smiled. Kelly then took his out of the box and placed it back on his hand. "Kelly you..."

"I want too. I don't care if it's not official yet. I want to wear my ring again." We both kissed and headed to the station.

As we walked up we noticed no one was sitting at the squad table. "They must all be eating." Kelly took my hand. "You ready to do this?"

"I've been wanting to do this since the day I got back." Kelly gave me a smile and then we headed inside.

Everyone was sitting in the rec room eating when we walked in. We were holding hands and we both looked happy.

Casey was the first to notice. "Well you two look happy."

Kelly gave me a look to ask if I was ready. I gave him a nod. "Listen up everyone." Everyone turned their attention to Kelly and I. "We would just like to announce that we are getting married."

Everyone was shocked. This was not what they expected. Casey stood up and walked over to them. "All is finally right with the world." We all laughed. Casey hugged me and patted Kelly on the back.

"Thank you Casey."

"Are you kidding? You two were meant for each other."

Everyone else came up and started congratulating us. I showed off my ring to the girls. Everyone at 51 was very happy for us.