PREFACE

29th September, 2021

Sunday - 10:00 a.m

"Good Morning Maam!"

"My name is Kshiteej Kabra and I am a seventeen year-old budding teenager, blogger and the author of the book - MY FIRST TEENAGE INFATUATION."

I spoke this in one breath, just to gather her attention.

With an adorable look on her face, the author of the BOOK - AADAT, slid her chair behind, stood up, and with a single step, got down the stage.

She held the mic in her hand, walked towards me and I felt blessed. She was indeed beautiful and I felt that she held me in high esteem, with my so-called attractive designations - a 17 year old author with a published book.

Standing right in front of me, she looked at the audience and then asked me," Before you begin with your question dear, can I ask you, have you read my entire book?"

With a beaming smile on my face, I proudly answered," Yes Maam, I completed your book yesterday night itself, in one single GO."

She was about to say something, before which I continued," Maam, the book has a breath-taking plot and it is so intriguing that it keeps the person involved, till the end. And hence, I completed the book in one GO."

Any author, would be enchanted at the fact - that their reader has completed the entire book in ONE GO.

"I am very pleased to hear that Mr. Author. But, if you do not mind, please can we take your question, after we complete the reading of the book?" she asked.

"Maam...ahhh...I might be silly to ask the question before the VERY FIRST PUBLIC READING OF YOUR BOOK, but this is an important one!" the firmness in my voice, again caught her attention.

"Okay then, let's answer Mr. Kabra's question, before beginning with the book reading." She spoke curiously, looking towards the audience present in the hall.

With the mic held firmly in my hand, I took a deep breath. Just then, automatically, I had a tear in my left eye, when I asked," Maam, I just want to ask one question?"

Taking a deep breath,

"Will Ayesha Thakur Mantri regret her decision?"

She was taken aback at once, as I continued.

"The decision of choosing her past friendship over her present love?" Without stopping, I continued -

"Will Ayesha Thakur Mantri regret this decision, throughout her life?"

The question stunned the author, standing right in front of me, to a great extent. It went so strong, that I could actually notice her snivel, in the slightest way possible, wetting the black kaajal in her eyes.

Regaining her senses, she spoke-

"Hey, Mr.Kabra" calming down,

"I want my readers to have an answer to this question, themselves."

"But I promise you, that after this book reading, I will personally answer your question."

I had another question in my mind, but I felt that I had got an answer to this second question, from her expressions itself.

I smiled at her, as she turned back, got on the platform, sat on her chair - one of the other people sitting on the stage opened the bottle of water for her - to have a sip or two.

Finally, she began the official book reading -

"Good Afternoon Everyone!"

"Thank you for joining us today!

"Without any further ado, here we begin the book -

I still remember, she smiled at me, for a second and then continued -

"The Title of the book - AADAT.

"Ek aisi aadat, joh chah kar bhi,
Main nahi chod sakti."

"Written by Ayesha Thakur."