CHAPTER 20

I was just one feet away from Kavya, waiting to touch her hand and give her a firm handshake – when somebody interrupted.

I would rather not say – interrupted – because we were just about to meet and greet each other – before which he entered.

"Hey Kavya...

A very-very Happy Friendship Day!"

It was none other than – the rumored ex-boyfriend of Kavya – the so-called BMW guy – Ansh.

I actually walked and stood beside Ansh, when she simply smiled looking at me.

"Happy Friendship Day Ansh" she wished him back.

Ansh knew that I was standing beside him and so he glared at me, when I took a step behind, just to give them their space – though I did not want to.

"Ahh...can I request you to give me your hand?" he spoke, in an attractive way.

"HAND...huh" Kavya smirked, and later she understood that Ansh wanted to tie a band around her wrist.

With utmost delicacy, Ansh removed an attractive band from his left pocket and tied it around Kavya's wrist, while he spoke –

"Toh kya hua – ki hum saath nahi hain –"while tying the knot of that beautiful golden-tinted friendship band, he continued speaking –

"If not in a relationship, we can definitely stay in friendship"

"Right?" he smirked at Kavya and for once Kavya gave a glance at me, as I tried to look somewhere else – thinking to meet her later.

"Yes Ansh!"

"Definitely...we can be friends." She replied back.

"Aaj raat ke kya plans hain?" before Kavya would answer, he himself continued –

"Apna joh group hain na – hum log dinner pe jaare, so would you and...ahhh...will Preeti like to join?"

"Ahhh...sorry Ansh – par actually hum girls ka alag plan hain – but still...I will have a talk with Preeti and will let you know" she answered.

"Yeah Sure!"

Till then, I removed my phone – from my pocket and walked somewhere else.

Ansh continued – "If you will join, it would be indeed nice, Kavya"

After 2 more minutes, I could see Ansh embracing Kavya – probably a good friendship day hug and then he finally left.

But till that time, I walked to the other side of the arena and was perhaps talking to one of my other friends, when suddenly I heard a pat on my back –

"Ek second..." I actioned to my friend, as I turned back to see Kavya standing right in front of me.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, with a big smile on my face.

"Hi Abhi!" she greeted me.

"I am sorry haan...tumhe wahan rukna padha" she spoke.

"Arre...that's completely OKAY"

"Waise bhi mujhe Pratyush ne bulaya tha – isliye main wahan se nikal gaya" I just lied, trying to give some reason for my annoyance.

"Oh acha!"

"By the way, Kyu bulaya tha Pratyush ne?" she sensed that I was simply making up a story.

"Arre kuch nahi...bas ek chota sa kaam tha – uske phone pe" I answered.