CHAPTER 17

With utmost attention, I silently sat down on the wooden chair kept in his balcony, as he got 2 cups of cold-coffee –

One for me and one for himself.

"Delicious..." taking the very first sip, I exclaimed.

"Tumhe coffee itni zyada pasand hain?" he questioned.

"Ahhhh...sach bolu toh haan – but cold coffee, specifically zyada pasand hain" I answered.

"Toh office mein joh din ke dus-dus cups, filter coffee ke gatak leti ho – uska kya?" he mocked at my beverages, as I laughed.

"Haanji...Mr.Mantri"

"Kahani shuru kijiye!"

"Where is your diary?" he questioned, as I was stunned with this one – since, why he was asking me for my clandestine asset?

"Why do you want my diary?" I enquired.

"Tum meri kahani likhongi nahi kya?" he gave a counter-question.

"Nahi..." I smirked.

"Maine bola tha na – you should write a book on my story."

"I mean – you should write a book on OUR STORY" HE EXCLAIMED DELIGHTFULLY.

Abhimanyu Mantri always encouraged me to write something, giving wings to my passion.

And yes, although he is not present here – still, I fulfilled his and my dream – in this book – which all of you are reading right now.

"Tu pehle kahani toh bol"

"Agar mujhe interesting lagi, toh main pakka likh lungi"

Although I changed the topic, nevertheless I switched on the recording option in my phone – to record all his words.

And now, after my continuous and forceful insistence - Mr. Abhimanyu Mantri, was telling me – his entire life story at the IIM INDORE.

*************************************************

'I' refers to ABHIMANYU MANTRI.

I was in my school, in my Grade 11th, when I got the news that my father had an accident.

For three entire days, he was in the operation theatre.

And after three continuous days of crying, my mom suffered the biggest loss of her life.

My sister was already married and was living in Delhi, so now basically – it was only me and my mom – living in Mumbai.

To be frank, when dad passed away – after all the losses, we had one more big loss – around the table.

THE FINANCIAL LOSS.

The financial condition of my family – was weak.

Plus, we also had to pay some loans to the creditors, from whom my father borrowed money, to invest.

It was indeed a hard and tough time.

I still remember the date – on 16th August – he passed away.

And exactly on 2nd September – when all the rituals and pooja were completed – I switched on my laptop and decided that I have to keep my mother happy.

I researched, about all the qualifications and degrees in the commerce field, and finally came across 2 major options –

1. CA (chartered accountant)