CHAPTER 30

1st June, 2021

Everything has changed.

I have resigned from my job at Infosys and I am simply staying at my home.

As far as the news is concerned, it is clearly stated that -

"ABHIMANYU MANTRI committed suicide from the TERRACE of IIM INDORE."

This is the basic news headline and beneath the headline, the story is as follows -

"Abhimanyu Mantri, the employee at Infosys, was a talented graduate from IIM INDORE in the Integrated Course.

He committed suicide by jumping from the terrace of IIM INDORE.

Rumors say that his estranged girlfriend - Kavya Mundhra, had also committed suicide from the same spot, 5 years ago.

The reason for both the suicides - still remain unknown.

I switched off the TV, and simply smiled at my luck, thinking -

At least, after their death, I was successful enough to re-unite these two estranged lovers, at their favorite spot.

Taking into consideration the fact, that I myself ruined my life, as I still love my MAN.

I was sitting in the balcony of my house, when my mom suddenly called out my name.

I walked inside my room, to find my mom - holding a red bag - my clandestine asset.

I had tears in my eyes as I snatched it from her, rushed towards the balcony and threw it on the table.

Few of the articles - simply fell down, out of the bag.

My personal diary, my favorite pouch with all my important articles, that Prega News Pink Colored box and a few more.

I emptied the bag as each of the articles, fall down and then came out - THE DIARY.

The diary that Abhimanyu Mantri had gifted me.

From the day, I last saw Mr. Abhimanyu Mantri, I had stopped writing my diary.

I had promised that I will never open that book again, in my life.

But this book, which I held in my hand, was a different book.

An unused, well packed diary which I had not opened yet.

I sat on the chair in the balcony, planning to open it. One had to enter a 4 digit code, to open the diary.

At first, I tried - 0000. (the default code - used for the unused diaries).

IT DID NOT UNLOCK.

I again tried - 1234.

STILL, IT DID NOT UNLOCK.

Later, I tried several other common codes like 1111, 2222, 3333 etc, but to no avail.

I was frustrated.

At first, I dropped it down on the floor.

"Iska code kya hain?" I tried to recollect, if Abhi had ever informed me, about any unlock code.

After 5 minutes, I picked up the diary and tried the code - 2904 (29th April - my birthdate), still IT DID NOT OPEN.

I checked the brand name on the diary, and was about to call the company, before which, I decided to take another chance.

I tried the code of my last PERSONAL DIARY - the diary in which I used to write everything, but now I had abandoned.

I was capricious and anxious at the same time. Taking a deep breath, I carefully tried the code - 2 9 0 9.