CHAPTER 4

"Toh I was saying ki -"he paused for a second.

I took a deep breath, ready to smile.

"Woh actually Ayesha..."

"Tumhaare Records mein ek galti hain." He ruined everything.

"What the f...." I whispered, and if I am not wrong, he did not hear this phrase.

"What...mere records...?" I panicked with disappointment.

I was expecting him to wish me and he was pointing out my mistake.

"Haan...ideally tere..."

"I mean tumhare records toh sahi hain, but sirf 2nd ya 3rd page mein ek jagah, statistical error hain." He justified.

"Aur yeh tujhe kaise pata?" I questioned him back.

"Do-teen din pehle, jab tumne mere records liye thee, to see the overall presentation, tab tumhi ne mujhe tumhare records dikhaye thee."

"Aur tab I wasn't sure, with the market graphs. But after todays' price fall, the stats in your record must change." He explained everything very well, at 1:30am - midnight.

After 20 to 25 minutes of important discussion, I finally spoke -

"Ohkay! Right, I will make the remaining changes." Looking into my records.

"Yeah! Just correct them, toh kal Shekhar sir, wapas kuch bolenge nahi." He commented.

"Haan yaar." I chuckled, not quite glad at his comment, in spite of the fact, that he was right.

"Thank you so much Abhi! You actually saved me from getting embarrassed again." I sweetly thanked him.

"Anytime!" - spoke the MAN.

"Acha ek baat bata...itni raat mein tujhe, all of a sudden, kaise yaad aaya, ki MERE records mein statistical error hain." I stressed on the word - MERE.

"Aisa nahi hain...main actually apne records check kar raha tha...so I just remembered yours!" he helped me.

"Oh okay!" I chuckled.

"May be, you do not remember something else!" I whispered, with an intention to be audible.

But on the other hand, I wasn't loud enough, for him to reply.

He bade a good bye and good night - as he declined the call.

Although I was not expecting this, and I wanted him to wish me, nevertheless - indirectly, he helped me from getting scolding again. I slept peacefully that night.

THE NEXT DAY (one month completed)

"Again Rohit...again the same mistake."

"I had told you the same thing previously as well."

"If you are supposed to submit your records today, then it is compulsory for you, to take note of all the prices in the market, till YESTERDAY."

"If you complete your records 2 days before submission, and then if you don't take look at the stock prices falling like a bunch of cards - you can never submit correct records.

This is not only to Rohit but for every single employee at Infosys."

"Now go, correct them and then submit."

A long admonishment by our boss - Shekhar Sir.

In addition if you all noticed, luckily, I got to hear the same scolding - in a very pleasant manner by the MAN of the office - Mr. Mantri - just the very night before.