33 | Giving Hell

That day, in the Ubuyashiki Estate, an emergency pillar meeting was held. The Hashiras sat on the floor, waiting patiently for the master, Ubuyashiki Kagaya.

"Aaagh, I envy you guys Dammit. Why can't I bump into upper moons?" Sanemi grumbled, scratching his eye.

The Blood Pillar, Y/n, who was beside him, pretended to think before smashing her balled fist into her open palm, brightening up.

"Even if you did encounter one, I doubt you would even win against one, Nemi-Nemi!" She cheerfully stated.

"What did ya' just say-?!"

The Wind pillar grabbed her collar while the Blood Pillar raised both her hands up but stick out her tongue in a mocking way, making more veins appear in the former's forehead.

The Snake Pillar, Obanai side-eyed at the two of you, his snake hissing at Sanemi's direction "It's not like people bump into them all the time. But how are you two doing, Kanroji, Tokito?"

"Oh! Yeah! Yes, I'm feeling a lot better!" The Love pillar, Mitsuri smiled brightly. The thought of her crush being worried about her set butterflies on her stomach 'They're worried about me!!'

Meanwhile, the Mist Pillar, Muichiro looks like he's about to fall asleep "I...am not at full strength yet..."

Tears rolled down the Rock Pillar, Gyomei's cheeks "If we lose any more pillars, the demon hunters will be in trouble. But defeating two upper moons without a casualty is very noble indeed..."

"You two recovered surprisingly quickly from this. Did anything happen?" The softly spoken Insect Pillar, Shinobu asked.

Looking down, the Water Pillar, Giyuu spoke up "Oyakata-sama probably wants to talk to us about everything, including this."

"I'm very sorry for the wait." A female voice spoke out, entering the room, "For our pillar meeting today, I, Ubuyashiki Amand, will be attending in place of Ubuyashiki Kagaya." Amane, along with her children, bowing on the floor as an apology.

"Right now, the disease affecting our master Kagaya has gotten worse. And he sends his apologies for being unable to attend this meeting in front of you all."

All of the Hashiras quickly bowed to the floor "Understood... I will pray for Oyakata-sama's flickering flame of life to last a bit longer, even for just a day." Gyomei said, "And for you to stay strong, Amane-sama."

Amane seemed to be taken aback but continued "He would like to give thanks to all the pillars. I'm sure you have heard this, but we know have a demon who has conquered the sun, and she is here."

For a brief moment, Y/n's mind comes to a full-on stop as a slight smirk on her lips, 'A demon who has conquered the sun?!'

"Kibutsuji Muzan has most likely altered his goals to go after her so that he can conquer the sun himself. The time for an all-out battle is approaching." Amane looks at two certain pillars "Also, we have reports of strange marks appearing on Kanroji-sama and Tokito-aama during their battles against Upper moons four and five."

The two crows, which are most likely Muichiro's and Mitsuri's, were seen huffing and fidgeting from their recent flights.

"So I would like to ask you two about how you got those marks and what the conditions are to obtain them."

Mitsuri and Muichiro were surprised themselves  with the latter showing less reaction "Marks?"

The master's wife noticed that all the pillars were confused, so she explained it to them. "During the Sengoku era, there were some swordsmen of the first breath who were away from ending Kibutsuji Muzan. They all had masks that resembled demon crests."