5

Crystal's POV

My world has come to an end. I just lost all the reasons for living. The only person I've ever been with since birth has been taken away from me, in the cruelest way possible. My mind was still blurry due to the sight I have in front of me.

Wiping my tears, I get up and call 1011. "10111 how can I help you?" "Uhm. Hi, I'm calling from Diamond residence, there has been an accident here please bring along an ambulance and police." I say while fighting back tears. "Okay mam help will be there shortly." I said thanks and hung up.

I went to the couch opposite Lewis and sat down while crying. The only thing I wanted now was to know what had happened. The only scenario l had was of my dad. Faded sirens bring me back to reality. I quickly walk to the door and stand outside to greet the police and the paramedics.

The police all rushed inside and went to search the house. One officer came and called the paramedics to bring a stretcher. The did their thing and pushed Lewis's body out covered with a silver wrap. After a while everything died down a bit. Two officers came towards me and wanted to ask me some questions.

"I'm Detective Ndwandwe, this is my partner Detective Ngubane , we'd like to ask you a few questions if your willing to." He said picking his words wisely. "Yeah sure I'll answer your questions." I said with unsteady breathing. "So, what exactly happened here?" Ndwandwe asked. "Uhm, I was coming back from school like any other day hoping find Lewis alive and well, I got home hurriedly  and when I got here it was quite hard for me to open the door but when I did I was greeted by Lewis's dead body." I say all in a hurry and keeping it short.

"You didn't see anyone besides Lewis?" I nod my head afraid that if I talk I will burst in tears. "Thank you, we've got our best team working on this case, take my card and I'll keep you updated on how the investigation is going, my deepest condolences Miss Diamond." I nod and take the card from him. They soon leave after that.

I decide to clean the living room. I know I'm tempering with a crime scene but I can't afford to live in a house filled with my brother's blood. They'll just have to understand, besides I'm, sure they took all they needed. After cleaning up I went upstairs took a long hot shower, just trying to ease my tensed bones and relief a little bit of stress.

As soon as the water hit my body, everything just came crashing down on me like a train wreck. I slid down to the corner of the shower and wailed. I sat there crying not really feeling my tears because of the water from above. I stayed there until the water was cold. I still haven't found the strength to get out of the shower. So I sat there until I feel asleep.