Chapter 14

I wake up, and rub my face. I turn on my phone and it's 3;16 p.m.

I spot Janet on the top bunk, under the covers. She's on her Apple computer.. she's either looking at natural hair vids on YouTube, or researching natural hair tips.

I sit on the edge of bed, it making a squeaky noise. It gets Janet's attention.

"Hey sleepyhead," She says.
"Hey, Janet," I reply.
She closes her conputer, and sits upright. "How did your time with Jamal go?"

"It went ok," I start.
"I showed him my bruises from my mom beating me."

Janet looks at me, mouth wide open. "You didn't even show me or mama that. You must really trust Jamal." She says, smirking.

I smirk a little too. "I trust you and Auntie Keisha more than anything. I just wanted Jamal to know what those bruises and cuts represent. Eleven years of abuse."

Janet nods. "I understand. If you and Jamal come about to have a relationship he needs to know your past."
I nod as well. "Exactly. And I don't think we're too far from having one either,"

Janet looks at me with wide eyes. "Having a relationship?"
"Yes." I answer, smirking again. I have to admit, I was wishing that Jamal would ask me to be his girlfriend in a while.. he was my vision for a boyfriend.

Janet smiles. "Finally. Simone & Jamal. I've been waiting for this moment,"
"For a week," I say, chuckling.
"Yeah. A lot of things can happen in a week, Simone."

We both chuckle, and then her phone vibrates. She checks it, pulls off the covers, and hops off the top bunk.
"Where you going?" I ask Janet, confused.
"Quan wants me to come to his house, since he's bored. He lives in the next neighborhood over," Janet replies, putting on her peacoat and Uggs.

"Right.. what y'all gone do?" I say, asking another question.
"Watch movies, eat pizza.. stuff like that," She replies.

"Alright, I'll see you later on tonight, Simone." Janet says, grabbing her purse, and running out of the room.
"Ok, Janet." I yell to her.

I lay back in my bed, nothing to do. The only thing I have to do is watch Netflix, which I always do. But I didn't mind.

This time I decided to watch Orange is The New Black.. that was one of my favorite shows too.

I play Season 2, Episode 3. I watch the show, and forget about everything else.

Orange is The New Black was getting good by the second..