Chapter 16

It's 8:00 p.m. Janet is already sleep, and snoring. I decide to text Jamal because he was someone who could keep a conversation, and never leave me bored.

Me:
hey jamal

'Zrrrr'

Jamal💓:
wassup

Me:
wyd?

'Zrrrr'

Jamal💓:
watching basketball wby

Me:
nothing.

'Zrrrr'

Jamal💓:
o.. can we FaceTime right quick

Me:
yeah.

'Zrrrr'

Jamal💓:
ight

I close my text messages and call Jamal to FaceTime. We never FaceTimed before, so maybe he had to talk about something face to face with me.

He picks up.
"Hey," Jamal says. I can hear the basketball game in the background.
"Hey Jamal," I reply.

"Um, I got to ask you something." He says, turning down the TV with the remote.
"I'm listening." I reply.

"I couldn't wait until tomorrow to ask you this, but uh.." He starts.
I sit there, waiting for him to finish the question.
"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I almost roll off my bed when he says that. I sit there for 5 seconds, saying nothing.. then I finally answer.
"Yes, Jamal. I will," I say, grinning.
He smiles harder and harder by the second, and his dimples go in even more.

"So that makes me your boyfriend, right?" He asks.
"Mhm." I reply.
"Alright, well goodnight my girlfriend." Jamal says jokingly, turning up the TV again.
"Goodnight, my boyfriend." I say, returning the joke.

I end the call, and plug my phone up to it's charger. I turn off the lamp, and for two hours I can't sleep. I was tossing and turning thinking about me finally being Jamal's girlfriend.

Finally I was Jamal's.