Chapter 19

The next week at school went the same.
Got my work done, some envy looks from girls, and still walked through school with Jamal.

I was so relieved when Friday came.. the day went by quick, but the court date was 6 days away.. less than a week. And yes, I was worried.

Now it's Saturday.. 5 days away.

Me, Janet, and Auntie Keisha had been working for the past week to get all the evidence we needed. I was determined for Auntie Keisha to get full custody of me & Sophia, and nothing was stopping that.

Even Jamal had been working for his statement on the stand. I had been telling him about how he needed to be truthful, and even the most personal things I told him should be said.

Sophia was still frightened. But I told her not to worry about anything. Me, Janet, and Auntie Keisha once again were working to get the evidence.

"Janet and Simone!" Auntie Keisha exclaims.
Janet runs down the steps, me following her.

We go into the kitchen where Auntie Keisha is standing.
"Ok, before I go into making sure we got the evidence, Simone, have you talked to that boy about being truthful and stuff?" She says.

I nod. "Yes,"
"Good," Auntie Keisha says.
"Now, for the evidence.. the voicemail, bruises, the night I had to come over and pick you and Sophia up.."

"Yes. And Mom & Shawn locked us out." I reply.

"Right.. the boy, what's his name?" Auntie Keisha asks.
"Jamal Warren," I say.
"Ok.. Jamal, and then I believe you & Sophia can go in the judge's chambers and talk to him.. and Janet why ain't you taking the stand again?"

"Jamal knows the same information I know.. so I think it's better to show Simone's mom and Shawn she's pretty enough to have a boyfriend, since they called her ugly," Janet replies.
"And I don't want to see Shawn.. ugh." She cringes.

We chuckle a bit.
"Yeah.. overall I think this is good evidence." I say.
Auntie Keisha & Janet nod in agreement.

"Alright, you two can go back upstairs. That's all I wanted." Auntie Keisha says, pointing her finger up the steps.
"Ok." Both me & Janet say in unison.

I was finally relieved.
There was a possible chance Auntie Keisha could be granted full custody of me & Sophia.

Scratch that, she would be granted full custody of us.
I know it..