Chapter 1

Song suggestion : A Day In Life by The Beatles

Jason P.O.V

"FUCKING URICH!" James shouts.
And here goes the day. It's not the best way to wake up but it's better than lars splashing water in your face or screaming in your ear or slaping your face and saying "Hey newkid wake the fuck up". Here I am, sitting in my bunk and hungover like a loser. My curls are disgustingly sticking to my neck. Damn it's been ages since I took a nice shower. Not to mention I smell like shit. Literaly shit. Alchohol, sweat, dirt and maybe even spit. People think we're bunch of princesses. Just because we play like gods it dosen't mean we live like gods too. Hah, we. What a fucking joke. Anyway, All I'm trying to say is that right now a homeless heroin addict man is in a better condition than me. A silente sigh skips my mouth as I finally stand up from my bunk. I close my eyes and open them again to clear my vision and not lose balance. No no no, falling to ground like a piece of shit and making those fuckers laugh and joke about me is the last thing I want. I scan around and see the three of them. Kirk,James and Lars sitting rounded and playing cards. Apparently Lars is trying to cheat while James and Kirk are fighting over whose turn it is. I'm sure I signed up to play with Metallica not a bunch of kids. As I make my way to toilet I hear James's first insult of the day "So the sleeping beauty's finally up." I just roll my eyes and enter our fancy first class toilet. I look in the half broken mirror infront of me.Wow man, I look like shit, smell like shit and feel like shit. There are heavy bags under my eyes & my skin's pale. I can tell I even look more skinny. Dammit touring really sucks the life out of me. I come back to my bunk and find Kirk sitting in his own bunk, arms folded. "Hey man, you look terrible, you ok?" Kirk greets. "And good morning to you too." I answere back. He just shrugs and rolls his eyes. Honestly Kirk's the only person who treats me normal. I mean he's the nicer, wiser and more undrestanding than the other two maniacs.. I sigh as my stomach growls. "Do we have anything edible exept beer?" I ask. Kirk shifts in his place "Lars told the bus driver to stop by a gas station. Hopefully we can find some snacks." He says calmly. He sounds off. Usually I'd pat his back and ask him if anything's wrong. But now I'm too miserable myself so I just curl back and close the curtain. And..I think I know why he isn't feeling himself today. Last night's show was awful. Kirk broke his guiatr string in the middle of Master of puppets and the stupid techs took so long to changr guitars. James's voice was hoarse, Lars fucked up the whole songs and I nearlly passed out from tiredness. Playing 4 shows in a row and being hungover everyday, I can't blame anyone. James screamed at everyone for exact 15 minutes,including Kirk. I think he really needs a hug. 1 hour passes and we finally arive to the gas station. Lars and Kirk go to bathroom so me and James are left alone to buy shit. Fuck. "Hey newkid, you better not play dumb tonight either way you're on your own." I hear James say the same old threat of the past 3 years. He looks tired and his voice wasn't as threatening as it usually is. "James, Don't you think we better take a break or-" He dosen't even let me finish. "A break?" He mocks "What? Is lady newsted's skin sunburnt or his beautiful fingers are hurt?" He smirks. "This is MY band, and WE are on tour. We can't fuck up our plans because YOU feel tired. Know your place." He adds. Here we go again. I want to remain silente but something provokes me to speak up. "Dude I am not the only one who's tired. Have you seen Kirk's face? He looks ill. Lars dosen't have more place on his fingers of another plaster! Look at yourself! Your voice is burnt out!" He turns his face to me all of a sudden which makes me step back. James puts his hand on my shoulder but not in a friendly way. I flinch a bit. "Mind your own business. I don't need no babysitter so you better shut your mouth up fucker." He adds more pressure on my shoulder with each word. His eyes are on fire and the anger in his voice cannot be unseen.n. He finally let go off me and storms back to the bus. I let out a shaky breath. How stupid of me to care about him. How stupid of me to even talk to him. Of fucking course he can't cancel the shows. I finally come back to the bus. Kirk and Lars are already chatting and sharing a smoke while James is nowhere to be found. He's probably in his bunk. I sit down in my bunk and close the curtains. I start to eat the very very healthy and clean sandwich. My thoughts ran over me. Why did I even care about them? The moment I joined Metallica I knew I'm never gonna be part of them. Still, I can't just stop caring about 'em because they treat me wrong, Even James who treats me like some kind of slave that must obey him. I care about him kinda more than others. Don't ask me why. Sometimes my mind just goes wierd. Now that I remember our little "talk", He wasn't just angry. He looked, disappointed. Be cause he knows that I'm right. God. Is it his ego? Or the point that he is powerless? I let out a shaky breath and lie down. Jesus christ, Jason. Hold your shit together! Why are you overthinking about him? I sigh for the 100th time today. James is a coldhearted motherfucker. Or is he?