CHAPTER 5

Jungkook's POV,

I was in the kitchen of the Kim home, waiting for Taehyung. He should be home any minute and Baekhyun was rushing me just a bit to set the table. I stood up straight when I smelled the scent of wild honeysuckle. God it smelled amazing. Oh no... My mate was here.

I heard a gasp and turned to see Tae standing in front of me. "Mate." I whispered. Then suddenly Tae's eyes filled with tears and he ran away. "Tae!" I yelled as I ran after him. Chanyeol stopped me in my tracks but I kept my eyes glued to his bedroom door. "What's going on Jungkook?" He asked me. My wolf was panicking and begging me to go to his mate.

"Tae is my mate." I told him. The look on his face turned from a mixture of anger to sadness all at the same time. "Jungkook... Don't hurt my son. Please." He pleaded. "Let me go to him chan." I commanded, using my alpha tone. He sighed but stepped aside to let me go to my mate.

I slowly walked up to Tae's door and knocked softly. "Tae?" I didn't hear anything on the other side and knocked again. "Tae... Baby please open the door." I said softly. I could feel his heartbreak and sadness through our bond. I never expected Tae to be my mate. Now that I know he is, I don't know if I can reject him or not.

We've been friends for years and we know everything there is to know about each other. When Yoongi would tease us about ending up as mates, I have to admit it frightened me because I knew this would happen if it were true.

Finally I heard his faint footsteps as he opened her door. I walked in and turned to him. The look on his face broke my heart. I instantly hugged him and just let him cry. It was cut short when there was a knock on the door. "Come in." He said as I kept my hands on his hips, not wanting to lose the feeling that he gave me.

When Yoongi walked in he had a somber look on his face. He was pissed at me but still showed me respect. "Alpha, may I talk to my brother alone please?" He asked. I only nodded and kissed Tae's cheek. "I'll be downstairs if you need me." whispered before walking out of the room.

Jennie walked up to me when I got back to the living room. "How'd it go? " She asked me. I shook my head. "I didn't get a chance to talk to him. Yoongi walked in." I told her. "Alpha.. With all due respect, if you are going to reject Tae, please be easy with him. He's been waiting for this since he was a little boy." She practically begged before walking away.

Just after she said that, Yoongi walked downstairs and over to me. "I don't know if I can reject him, Yoongi. He's perfect. He would be an amazing Luna to our pack and he's everything I'd ever want in a mate." I told him. Yoongi gave me a sad smile. "Then don't. I understand your reason for this, but like you said, he's an amazing boy and I'm very proud of him. He deserves someone like you, Jungkook, and you deserve him. Don't let him go because you're afraid." Yoongi told me.

Soon after he said that, I smelled Tae's scent get stronger and I looked behind me to see his beautiful face. "Our mate is upset. Go to him." My wolf commanded and I obeyed.

I walked to him, took his face in my hands and smiled softly at him.

The next words that came out of my mouth with no warning even to me. "I, Jeon Jungkook, alpha of the Blood Moon pack, accept you, Kim Taehyung, as my mate and future Luna."

I saw his eyes fill with tears again, tears of joy. I slowly leaned down and kissed him gently, feeling a jolt of contentment rush over me, making my wolf purr.

When I looked back at him, his eyes showed one emotion. Love. "Happy birthday, baby." I whispered to him.

----------------------------------------

See you all in next chapter.

I hope you all like it.💜
Please vote and comment.
If there is any mistakes I am sorry for that.
Stay safe and happy.
Borahae.💜