8

POWER
                          ~~~°°°~~~

The duo dropped down from the portal, down to the dirty ground below. The sun was hidden by the dark clouds which had form strange shapes over the sky. The wind blew the trees left and right, creating a whistling sound as it combed its way through the leaves.

Ikechukwu groaned as he felt a sting on his elbow, he had grazed his elbow against a stone during the fall, Mary had landed right on top of him, and hadn't gotten her clothes stained or any minor injuries on her skin, though due to her fight earlier, she looked a mess.

She rolled away from him quickly getting up, Ikechukwu followed, he was still putting on his boxers and at the moment, could trade his most treasured item for a bath and change of clothes.

"This doesn't look like your room," Mary said looking round. "This is a cemetery..." Looking at the name written on the tombstone beside her.

Ikechukwu took a step away from Mary. "What are you going to do with me?"

She looked at him from his head to his toes, then back to his head. "Simple, I'll erase the memory of everything that just happened from your head." Ikechukwu gave a sigh of relief. "Then I'll come back few days later and have sex with you." She added giving him a cheeky smile.

He froze, his face turning pale. "What?"

She chuckled. "I'm not letting you go just yet."

"Have sex with me? Or rape me?"

"Call it whatever you want, now shut up, I need to wipe your brain." She placed her palms on both side of his head. "This should take only a second, and don't move or I might wipe off your entire memory."

"What do you mean?"

"You wouldn't even be able to remember your name," She said sweetly.

He gulped. "I won't move."

"Good." Mary closed her eyes. "Et non recordabor, certe in oblivione delebitur, et crunt sicut olim."  She whispered, then waited few seconds before she dropped her arms.

Ikechukwu frowned, he didn't feel like his memory had been wiped, he still remembered every single thing. "Are you done?" He asked unsure.

It was Mary turn to frown as she opened her eyes. "You still remember?"

He nodded his head. "Yes, everything."

Her face scrunched up in confusion, she was sure she had said the right words. She bit her lips, her eyes moved to a stick which was few feet away from them. She tried to raise the stick with her mind, nothing happened.

She looked him back in the eyes, Ikechukwu stood nervous, watching her with a strange look on his face. She placed her hands back on both side of his head. "Et non recordabor, certe in oblivione delebitur, et crunt sicut olim!" She said it out loud this time and dropped her hands angrily. "Do you still know who I am?"

"Y-y-you're a witch?"

"What the fuck is happening?" She whispered to herself looking down at her hands. Mary closed her eyes and try to call for her mother, she had never experienced anything of the sort, her powers were gone.

Mother speak to me.

She got no reply. Mary didn't try to reach out again, something was wrong. She couldn't feel her mother's presence, couldn't connect to her—knew that she couldn't, she could feel it in her bones. "My powers are gone," she said.

"Your powers?" Ikechukwu asked.

"Who be that?" A thick Yoruba voice shouted in pidgin English. An albino man stepped out from a small building that was just noticed at a far corner in the cemetery. "Wetin una they do for this place?" He shouted. What are you doing here? He picked up a stick which lay against the wall as he walked towards them in threatening speed.

"S-sir, we can explain..." Ikechukwu tried to say as he took slow steps back. He turned to look at Mary but found out she was already on her heels at an incredible speed. "Wait for me!" He shouted.

Mary waits for no man.

She didn't spare him a look as she kept pushing forward, cursing because normally she would have easily disappeared, but she couldn't even do anything, at the moment, she could be compared to a human, she cursed in frustration.

Ikechukwu appeared beside her moments later. "You left me!"

"Do I know you?"

"You're very lucky I didn't release the dogs!" The albino man shouted behind them. "They for tear your yansh."

They both ignored the fact that they weren't being chased anymore and kept running till they were almost out of breath. Mary stopped suddenly, almost falling down to the ground breathing heavily, she was not used to running, it was taking a painful toll on her body.

"Fuck, humans are so weak!" She cursed. "Cramps," she moaned holding her ribs.

Ikechukwu was bent over, both palms rested on his knees, he looked over at her, trying to catch his breathe, never had he seen a lady run so fast. "You're fast." He said in between each breathe.

She raised an eyebrow. "Shut up." She stood up straight, arching my back. "Where am I?" Ahead was a very busy road, and Mary didn't recognize the streets, it seemed she made a mistake and had teleported far from where she intended.

"Oja." Ikechukwu read a street name off a board.

Mary sighed. "Well, it's to do what every woman would do, hitchhike a free ride," she said confidently.

"Sorry," Ikechukwu said nervously. "But how are you going to hitchhike a free ride looking like that? We look like mad people."

Mary frowned and looked down at herself, her black gown was torn in different areas, her dress stained with mud and blood. Ikechukwu's situation was worse, he was only wearing boxers since he had only been putting them on when sleeping. They look like the mad couple for the month of February.

Mary folded her palms into an angry fist and stomp her right leg on the floor angrily. "Fuck!" She kicked a stone which lay behind her. "Fuck!" She shouted again, but this time due to pain. Ikechukwu watched as she hopped around on one foot, they were both getting strange stairs from passerbys, one approaching got Ikechukwu's attention.

"Uh... Witch?" He called for Mary, but she didn't pay any attention to him as she kept kicking and hitting anything she could grab hold of out of frustration. "Witch!"

"What!" She screamed. "Haven't you done enough already?"

"Done enough? You were the one who tried to rape me, I would gladly go my way if you promise not to kill me."

She huffed and stood akimbo. "Fine, you can go. When I get my powers, I'm coming back for you."

"Heiss!" It was a police officer.

"Fuck, this what I was trying to warn you about."

                         ~~~°°°~~~

🤭 I really enjoyed writing this chapter, thanks a lot for the 100+ votes.

Mary's incantation is written in latin - You shall not remember, the events shall be wiped, it shall all be as it had been.

Leave your thoughts behind, vote and share 😊

Stay safe.