Prologue

Amidst all the goodness that people have, there is always an evil force. There is always a traitor.

Sometimes ambition and passion can make a man achieve great goals. But the other times, their passion for something can totally blind them from seeing goodness. They lose their humanity, and even their loved ones seem worthless of their care.

I thought everything had come to an end when Robert's reign was finally put to a stop. Little did I know that the worst was yet to come.

I was with the person I loved from the bottom of my heart, but sometimes even love can be put to a test. I know that it is always made sure that the evil forces don't stand a chance against the good ones, but sometimes even that can be questioned.

Everyday around the world, someone or the other is getting betrayed. One of the many reasons could be that they wanted to acquire something. But they do not realize that the need for that 'something' has blinded them to the core that they are unwillingly hurting the people who truly care about them.

I was the victim of some one giving me such deep betrayal only because they wanted something that people call 'power'. Power is only fruitful when you know how to use it right. If you disrespect the power you acquire, and use it for things that are sinful, you are going to get nowhere.

A blow to the heart from someone you love cannot be healed for a long time.

Nathan always said that, I shouldn't care about the bad things. He said that if there were no evil people, there would be nothing for the good people to be proud of. He was my only support, and the only person I dearly cared for.

This is the story of how a dark passion changed everything that I believed...