196: All My Favourite Colours

APRIL 2013

"It sounds like it's been a good week."

"It has," MJ sat on a comfortable sofa, having just done a massive ramble, "It's been a good few, actually, like – "

Jordan was in a chair opposite her, smiling, iPad out, brown hair pinned back, listening to her talk.

"I had a bunch of stuff to do at work – I got assigned a bigger role in the new advertising campaign. Lent a hand to some friends. Promo for them..."

But,

"At work, I had a bit of a moment...went to the bathroom. Listened to 'The Dropping Anchor' walk-through."

"And it still works?" Jordan checked.

"Yep," MJ nodded enthusiastically, "I only did the Expansion Exercise twice this week."

"What did you focus on?"

"The first time, it was a pain in my stomach."

"Stomach or?"

"Yeah, just stomach this time. No spleen."

"And?"

"Everything still worked," MJ assured her, "Listening to the audio stuff, relaxed, accepted that it was there."

And that it could exist without raising her pulse.

"And fell back asleep."

"That's so good, MJ!"

At first, hearing congratulations about every small thing had made her feel super self-conscious. But it was actually really nice to have someone reminding her that the small things were worth being proud of. Jordan was always so proud of MJ for actually doing the things she'd told her to do; it was hard not to be proud of herself.

"And I have a date this afternoon," Her words were rushed out.

"Oh!" Jordan leant forward, "And?"

"Is this the type of stuff I'm meant to talk about with you?"

She nodded happily, "If it's what you wanna talk about?"

After practically two months of two sessions a week, this was the first time they'd had a week with only one. A slow transition to see how MJ coped.

"You did bring it up."

"Fair point," MJ wrung her hands together, "I think it's gonna go well..."

"Think?"

"Um...just, you know...I'm being dumb."

"Because you've ever been dumb?"

"Jor - &"

"MJ."

"I've already kissed him - and when he asked, I wasn't panicking, but now I'm worried because I've started to overthink, and I should probably back out, but it would be really trashy to - "

"Are you scared of the date going well?"

"Maybe?"

"Why?"

"...I don't trust myself in a relationship."

"Why?"

"Just..."

Jordan gave her a look, "MJ."

"I don't!"

"We've talked about commitment before," She softened the pushing tone, "You overcommit to make up for people never committing to you in the past."