128: Long Way Back From Hell

In Mystic Falls, Bonnie and Jeremy were having a lunchtime date, it being a Saturday. Bonnie had tried to get him to come to Whitmore, but Caroline and Elena had managed to walk in during their last date, so they were forced into Mystic Falls. Sitting opposite each other in The Grill wasn't bad until they were interrupted; Kol appearing next to Jeremy.

"You're avoiding me."

"Bon?" Jeremy had noticed how she tensed, "Someone's just died...?"

She sighed, "Nope."

"Someone I know?"

He could see people if he tried to – if they'd meant a lot to him prior to their death, and he wanted to make Bonnie feel less weird about the ghost-sight situation.

"Yep."

"I wouldn't say he knows me," Kol scrunched up his nose, "Though I've ended up knowing a lot about him."

Bonnie looked ready to scream.

"He's failing all the classes MJ's not coaching him through, his guidance councillor treats him like a drug addict, and he's lying to his sister about it - "

"Oh my god," She waved her hands, "Can you stop stalking us?"

"I'm not stalking – I'm bored."

Something he'd already told her.

"To be honest, watching you all is incredibly tedious, but beggars can't be choosers."

"You could leave me alone."

"You're the only person I can talk to, and you're my direct channel to the only person I want to watch over."

Jeremy was somewhat following the conversation, "Who is it?"

"Kol."

"He's..." Awkward glance around, "He's still checking in with you?"

"Yep."

"For the past three weeks, you've called Mira every four days, but you didn't come back to town yesterday."

"Yeah. Because I wanted to talk to my friend without a ghost hijacking the conversation."

"But – "

"She is actually my friend, you know," Bonnie pointed out, "I have things I wanna share with her that you don't need to know."

"Kol is just..." Jeremy blinked, "You and Kol are?"

Kol laughed at the reaction, "Imagine if he could see me..."

His head tilted a little, scanning Jeremy's face. Then his hands lifted up, grabbing onto his face, Jeremy completely unreactive. Despite the lack of response, a grin started to flicker on Kol's lips, thumbs pressing into his eyes like he was about to gauge them out.

"Stop!" Bonnie complained.

He rested back, "Stop avoiding me."

"I'm not avoiding you," She defended, "I have a life."

"So does Mira; tell me about it."

Jeremy shifted away slightly in the booth seat, "What does he want?"

"He wants me to spy on MJ for him."

"Spying makes it seem devious," Kol narrowed his eyes, "You're her friend. I'm giving you an excuse to stay in her life!"

"I'd stay in her life anyway," Bonnie glared, "Now I just feel creepy. Which is why I didn't come back yesterday."

"It's not creepy!" He repeated something they'd argued about a few times since the first phone call, "I just give you some questions, you ask them, everyone's happy."