120: Dead Man On Campus

a/n: ...read through to the end of the chapter...;)

After giving Bonnie a hug, MJ had given everyone space - ish. Bonnie was tired, so she needed sleep, and MJ didn't really want to be around Elena and Damon...and she had a very special ghost waiting for her at Ric's apartment. She walked as quickly as possible into the centre of Mystic Falls, snapping her fingers once the door closed, Kol appearing, lounged on the couch and grinning at her.

MJ laughed, rushing forward to somewhat fall on him, arms settling around his waist, head on his chest and squeezing, pushing away the icy unreliability of the contact to just relax. The position had an ache tingling through her back, trying not to groan, body telling her it was un-tensing after the craze of the day.

"Assuming you saw?"

"I did."

"Happy?"

"Incredibly so," His fingers were trailing up her spine, "Didn't like the part where you got hurt - but I must give credit where it's due; you are mighty good at getting things done."

She laughed.

"Fire and bugs, my two requests fulfilled."

"It was pretty fun to see him as a momentary human torch."

"And, if you can hold that much magic in you, you could siphon us to nothing."

"Yeah," MJ pushed up a little on him on the couch, "A skill I won't be using."

"Does Klaus know you have a stake yet?"

"Nope."

He nodded, features softening.

"Okay," MJ changed her position slightly, "Want me to stay here, the bed, or...?"

"Here," His hold on her tightened, "You've given me a way to touch you, so I'm going to use it."

"We could lie like this in the bed."

"There's an abundance of space in the bed," He reasoned, "Full contact imbued by cramped yet comfy cushions."

"Fine by me," She let herself snuggle down, "I've always liked the word abundance. It makes me think of buns dancing."

He just started chuckling.

"What!?"

"I love your head," He mused, "And I quite like the word bun. It makes me thinks of two wonderful things."

Her turn to laugh again, "Tell me what you've been up to then?"

"Mira. I'm dead."

"But you're also you, and you've clearly been stalking everyone."

"I mean," He smiled cheekily, "Only some of them."

"Hm."

"I can only listen to their voices for so long," He complained, "Oddly enough, Jeremy's my favourite to follow."

"Why?"

"Because..."

"Kol?"

"He's a mess," He finally admitted, "I get to spend my days laughing at him."

"Kol!"

"But!" He moved one hand off her side to tap her cheek, "He's also my history catch-up."

MJ did have to sit up a little at that, "Kol Mikaelson...are you attending his High School classes?"

He shrugged.