192: Ashes To Ashes

- pls read a/n at end (and remember to comment and vote xx)

Before things could get any more awkward, Elijah appeared.

"If you do not wish to see her," He gave MJ a look, "You don't have to."

"I..." MJ wanted to bolt, "You told me not to let my fear control me."

She'd beaten her the first time around, and she was stronger than back then.

And she had them all with her, Kol nudging into her side.

What did she have to fear?

"Let's get this over with."

They watched as Davina prepared the spell, tossing buckets of water she'd gathered for Aiden across the floor, then into a stone coffin in the tomb, catching the soil she'd placed inside. It looked identical to Kol's body reformation spell, but it had a few more steps, a completely different enchantment, and required far more power. Despite how much MJ wanted to help with the setup, she didn't have the energy to. Davina wanted to prove herself...

The young girl looked over at their silence – a rueful look.

"It's the right thing to do," MJ put it simply.

"I'm the Queen of the Witches now, MJ," She emptied the last of it, "Remember that."

"I will."

"You want to keep having a say; you've gotta answer to me."

"I'm so sorry for forcing you to save a baby."

"Every witch has to do as I say."

MJ just sighed dramatically.

"So if I say you aren't on our side?"

"I've been putting up with witch-hate since I was born," MJ shut down, "I always outlast the hateful."

Kol's eyes were jumping between the two, a sharpness targeted towards his former friend with every word out of her mouth, only softening at MJ's secure and unphased defence.

"It may be tough, but I know I can – can you?"

"They've hated me too. I survived."

"It made you quit," MJ reminded her, "Only fifty-three per cent of people voted for you, D. Don't make me your enemy when I'm the person who has your back."

Silence.

"And don't compare a lifetime of harassment to two years."

It wasn't the same.

Davina had asked Marcel to make the witches pay, hence the hate; MJ had been born.

The way people treated Davina wasn't okay, but it wasn't the same.

"Witches are fickle. The second you screw up, you'll be the bad guy, and I don't want that to happen."

"I won't be screwing up," Davina put her chin up, "I'll be turning them against this awful family."

Elijah and Kol shared a look as MJ's prediction for Davina's Regency was already coming true.

"All our recent problems have traced back to them."

A long breath in.

"And the witches won't be helping them ever again."

"Then you prove me right," MJ put it simply, "You're gonna start a war, and I will not be participating in it."

Davina turned back to the mixture in the coffin.

This time, the silence wasn't because she didn't have anything to say – she was starting the spell.