eleven.

'BABE!' the eight and a half months pregnant rosa yelled from her bed. gina knew what she wanted, the same and only thing she ever wanted.

iggy ran in and handed rosa a cup of ice, the only thing that helped her when she was too hot.

'thanks princess,' rosa smiled and leaned over to get it. iggy ran out of the room again because she'd been told not to disturb rosa too much. not because rosa didn't wanna see her, but because rosa often felt like punching anyone she saw.

rosa sat there and ate her ice and continued to watch 'somethings's gotta give'. she then leaned over to put the cup down and-

'shit.' she panicked for a second before yelling her wife. gina came into the room and knew what was happening. 'the- they're- my water broke,' rosa stuttered out.

'i got it, just stay calm,' gina said as she walked towards the bed and sat down. she picked up rosa's phone and called for an ambulance.

'you want me to call jake and amy, holt or charles to come look after ig?'

'i,' rosa took deep breaths, ' i don't care.' she paused, 'wait but not charles.'

'i'm just gonna call jake and amy.' she called them and explained what was happening.

'babe, what about names? we never picked.'

'it's okay, we can pick when you've had them,' gina said, trying to stay calm.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
ten hours later, after the worst pain rosa had ever felt in her life, she was looking down at her baby girl and gina was looking down at the other one.

'do we have names?' the midwife asked

gina looked at rosa, 'what do you think of iris? it means rainbow.'

rosa smiled, 'i love it... i was thinking ivy, like poison ivy,' rosa said.

'iggy, iris and ivy,' gina smiled.

'and angel,' rosa added. 'iggy, iris, ivy and angel.'

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
both twins lived up to their names. ivy was very easily agitated, like rosa, and it didn't take much for her to get annoyed. she didn't like being hugged much either, she was definitely rosa's daughter.

iris was the definition of rainbow. literally. she was always dressed in anything colourful, partly so that people could tell them apart, but also because she was a rainbow.

ivy was a mini rosa and iris was a mini gina and iggy was rosa with gina's sass and personality. their family was perfect.