The Melody-

A/N: This chapter was writen by That0neHamiltonFan, so if you have any questions, you can ask her

Alex POV:

Me and Elle had just finished our classes and were walking down the hallway when I saw John.

"HEY! JOHN! OVER HERE!"I yelled. I said trying to get his attention.

"Oh Alex," he said, sounding deflated from when I saw him 2 hours ago.

"Hey what's wrong?" I said looking at him worriedly.

"Nothing! Who is your new friend?" he looked hopeful as he said friend.

"Oh yeah sorry John, this is Elle Woods. Elle, this is John Laurense.", I said smiling hoping that they would get along ok.

"Hi!"they both said shaking hands.

"So... are you guys soulmates?"he said looking from one to the other.

"I don't know actually. I've never seen Elle's scrunchie and Elle's never seen my scrunchie, for that matter no one has ever seen my scrunchie.", I said shrugging.

"Why don't you see!" John said looking hopeful and scared at the same time. Wait I know what this is about. John likes Elle! Oh my gosh I figured it out, haha I am so blackmailing him.

"My scrunchie is all pink with a few pink polka dots.", she whispered. Even though Elle seemed like a very confident person I think she was embarrassed about her scrunchie.

"Oh then I am not your soulmate, I wont say what mine is but mine is not pink. No offence.", I said, "But any guy that gets you as their soulmate is very lucky.", I said smiling at her, I saw John's face fall for a second then got the smile back on. Oh John didn't have the same scrunchie as Elle.

"Oh ok. Alex, why don't you say what your scrunchies color is?" John asked the forbidden question.

"DON'T ASK THAT!" Peggy yelled, jumping on John's back.

"Whyyyy?"John said, raising his eyebrows in confusion.

"It's just forbidden and has been since Alex's m-" It was my turn to jump on someone's back.

"PEGGY!", I yelled as I jumped on Peggy. She had just gotten off of John so John was a bit away.

"These people don't need to know my whole life.", I whispered and then shot a smile at the scared John, who nervously smiled back.

"Sorry Alex you know my mouth goes faster than my mind.", Peggy said, "Do you forgive me?"she said, giving me the puppy dog eyes.

"Yes of course.", I said rolling my eyes playfully. I got off her and hugged her.

"You guys seem so close... how long have you known each other?"John asked, looking at us.

"Oh well, at least 8 years.", I said, looking at Peggy for approval on that answer.

"Yeah about 8 years.", She said nodding.

"Wow, that's a long time.", John said," So did you go to school together?"

"Oh no. This is the first school I have ever been to. Or in other words this is the first time I will ever do school!"I said excitedly. I always wanted to do school when I was young.

"And I have been homeschooled my whole life till now so me and Alex were always able to spend extra time together.", She said smiling.

"Alex why didn't your family send you to school?"John asked and I winced. My family was all dead except my father. Who I didn't consider family anymore. And well I grew up on an island that was poor and had no food so happy happy life.