Chapter 7- Flash Floods

A/N: So just to get this clear, instead of the hurricane, it was a really big flash flood, their house was used to really big pressures but it was so big that it broke the wall so the house got flooded and Alex almost died, James died though.

John's POV

I know that Alex is trying to distract us from if he has a house, but I'll keep that to myself, I look into the woods, the trees are thin, like pine trees, there aren't any lower branches so you can scan the forest easily, to see if there are any animals, I start scanning the woods, we're in a clearing, surrounded by the forest.

"Mooo," I hear quietly, I look around, seeing if anyone had my same expression, no one did, I looked at Alex, his eyes wandered to the opposite way we came but darted back up at Peggles.

"Can I hold DaffoRita?" Peggy asked, I laugh, she already put her name in Daffodil's, she's a wonder.

"Uh, sure, just call her Daf though," He said.

"Okay, Dafeggy it is," She says, I facepalm, this one worse than the last. Then I hear a little cowbell.

I decide to check it out.

"Hey guys, I need to go home, homophobic dad's gonna get mad," I say, rhyming my words by accident, I chuckle and walk down the hill, I see Alex's eyes widen.

"WAIT!" He shouts, "You didn't pet Fern...?"

"I'm sure I'll come by another time," I say, making sure not to say something with the word 'house' or 'home' in it. I start walking down the hill, whistling morse code 'I won't tell' I whistled it again, looking ahead of me, then I feel my foot slip.

Alex's POV

"WAIT!" I shout, I try to think of a reason for him not to go down that hill, he might even fall, because my house was dug into the hill, luckily, I was smart enough to cover the door with a bolder- except the door and the walls on the outside were just normal hill, the door was a big boulder that had a lever that would open it. Some grass growing on the walls, so if John saw the other side of the hill, it would be fine- wait- did I close the door? Yeahh, I did.

"I'm sure I'll come by another time," John replies. Shoot, I think, trying to think of another reason for him to stay. Then I noticed a weird pattern in his whistle, it was morse code! I listened intently, my 'father' had taught me some simple words in morse code, I concentrated on the letters.

I, then a W, then an O, he spelled out I-W-O-N-T-T-E-L-L, normal morse code, you would pause between words, but the others could get suspicious, so he just made it a normal tune. 'I won't tell' what does that mean, does he know about me distracting them with the animals or where my house was? I start to form my lips to whistle 'T-E-L-L-W-H-A-T-?' but I hear some dirt move and a loud thud, I turn quickly, John was no longer in sight.

"JOHN!" I heard Eliza shout behind me, I glanced at her, her face held a nervous expression. I see Angelica, Laf and Herc start running towards my house, or- John, because he fell- is he okay? I need to check as well. I got up, Fern protesting a little but she crawled to Eliza, who was just getting up, but Fern crawled on her lap, and you feel so guilty when you push an animal off you, like you think that the animal will hate you forever.

"I'll check to see if he's okay," I reassure Eliza, and the others if they were listening. I start running towards the drop, at the top of the hill, it was 10-9 feet, I quickly put my feet over the edge and drop, when I drop, I grab a root of an old tree that was placed a little higher than way up half of the hill, there was a big tree that used to be on top of the hill, we used its wood for our house, and the little caved the roots made, but we did most of the work, digging in the hill.