Chapter 16 - The Heir of Slytherin

Terry's POV

We all sat around Hermione's bed awkwardly. Daisy had just gone off to the bathroom with a strange look on her face.

"Wonder if she did see the attacker, though?" Ron said, looking sadly at Hermione's rigid face. "Because if he sneaked up on them all, no one'll ever know ..."

Harry bent closer to Hermione's fist. He pointed out a piece of paper randomly scrunched up in there.

"Try and get it out." I whispered, shifting my chair so that I blocked Harry from Madam Pomfrey's view.

He got it out, and we all crowded around to read it.

It was torn from a textbook and it was about Basilisks. Hermione had written the word 'pipes' beneath it.

"This is it!" Harry breathed. "This is the answer. The monster in the Chamber's a Basilisk - a giant serpent! THAT'S why I've been hearing that voice all over the place, and nobody else has heard it. It's because I understand Parseltongue ... I wonder if Daisy heard it ..."

"Speaking of Softpaw, she's been gone for a while." I said.

"Wonder if she ran into a wall." Fred sniggered.

"Again." George added.

"Pipes ... pipes ..." Malfoy was murmuring. "Guys, it's been using the plumbing. Harry's been hearing that voice inside the walls ..."

I had a sudden realisation because I'm a Ravenclaw and therefore I'm genius, "The entrance to the Chamber of Secrets! What if it's a bathroom? What if it's in -"

"Moaning Myrtle's bathroom!" Harry said.

"That means you and Softpaw can't be the only Parselmouths in the school. The Heir of Slytherin's one, too. That's how they've been controlling the Basilisk." Fred said.

"What're we going to do?" George said, whose eyes were flashing. "Shall we go straight to McGonagall?"

"Let's go to the staff room." Ron said, jumping up. "She'll be there in ten minutes, it's nearly break."

We all charged down to the staff room and crowded inside, pacing around. But the bell to signal break never came.

"All students to return to their house dormitories at once. All teachers come to the second floor corridor. Immediately, please." Professor McGonagall's voice echoed through the halls.

"Not another attack? Not now?" Harry gasped.

We all glanced at each other, then sprinted down to the corridor next to the girl's bathrooms.

Teachers were standing around the wall, which had new writing on it. It chilled me to the bone, which is quite hard to do. I'm hardcore.

'Her skeleton will lie in the Chamber forever.'

"It has happened." Professor McGonagall said. "A student has been taken by the monster. Right into the Chamber itself."

Where's Daisy? She's been in the bathrooms for quite some time ...

Wait. She was in the bathrooms ... what if she went to these ones? What she saw the Heir taking the student, and the Heir saw her, and decided to hurt her or dispose of her so that she'd never tell who the Heir was?! Oh SHIT!

Professor Sprout had clapped her hands over her mouth. Snape gripped the back of Filch's chair very hard. Professor Flitwick burst into tears.

"Who is it?" Madam Hooch said, pale-faced. "Which student?"

"Daisy Potter."

Harry sunk to the ground. Ron froze, his face a picture of shock. The twins stood, pale, wide-eyed, and shaking. Malfoy collapsed against a wall, his face even paler than usual. What are they reacting about? They didn't say Daisy Potter ... they DIDN'T ...