56. I like it more every minute

[ DOUBLE UPDATE THIS WEEKEND! ]

[ Make sure you've read the previous chapter ☺️ ]

55. All-in (update 1/2)

before 56. I like it more every minute (update 2/2)

[ JUNGKOOK ]

I'm about to lose.

I closed my eyes, my head falling against the elevator wall.

Why is it never me?

My hands formed tight fists on the steel bar.

Why is it always the others?

The bell rang for the parking floor.

I'm losing.

I opened my wet eyes. Tears of frustration rolled down my cheeks.

It should be me.

"This way."

I followed Yejin around like a lost puppy. Her long black hair was moving like waves on her back.

It reminded me of when she would be in charge of our logistics, just taking us from places to places because she could speak many languages.

She had been considerate enough to just let me cry and not ask any questions as we were leaving the party. She even turned her back to me on the elevator to give me some time to compose myself.

"Have you ever been on a motorcycle?" she asked, as we reached her shiny black engine.

I shook my head no.

She explained to me where I should put my feet and where I shouldn't put them. She opened the little trunk behind, taking a helmet out of it.

I extended my hand to take it but she dodged it.

"You have to calm down first," she warned me, looking into my eyes for the first time in a while.

I sniffed.

That's when I realized I was breathing heavily between my tears.

"Take a few deep breathes," she continued, her almond eyes still on me. "You can't be hyperventilating in the helmet."

"It's bad for me?" I asked, drying my cheeks with the back of my hands.

"It's bad for the helmet."

She couldn't control the small smirk appearing on her lips. I couldn't help but chuckle.

I followed her advice, taking some long breaths, and she nodded in approval.

We both put our helmets on and got on her motorcycle, ready to drive off from the last place on Earth I wanted to be right now.

As soon as we were out of the parking lot, the cool air of the night brought me back to reality.

I lost.

My mind was trying to block the images of Micha and Taehyung hugging each other. I just couldn't bear the idea of it. 

Why am I always the one left behind? 

I did not want to cry anymore.

I wanted to yell. I wanted to drink. I wanted to forget everything about them.