19. Let's make a bet

I choked on my food.

With a sudden move, I tried to cough into my hand. My palm got right onto the burning lid.

Ouch.

I almost fell on my bum, choking and holding my burning hand.

Jungkook caught me between his arms.

"Micha!" yelled Jimin, throwing his spoon in the air and coming by my side right away.

I coughed a few times and quickly caught my breath again. All the members were gathered around me with worried looks on their angel faces.

"Are you OK?" asked Jin, holding a cup of water for me.

"Y-y-yeah," I articulated, taking a sip. "Thanks. I just swallowed too fast."

"Is your hand OK?" asked Taehyung, looking at the red rash slowly appearing on my palm.

Ouch. I started to feel the stinging pain.

"I'm gonna put some cold water on this," I said as Jungkook was helping me to get back on my feet.

I realized he had started to follow me to the house too.

I turned on my feet and put my viable hand on his chest to stop him.

"I don't need help," I warned him with a friendly but cold smile.

He had a very confused look on his face. I could not help but take another good look at the red bandana around his wrist.

"Thank you," I snapped before leaving him behind.

I can't believe it.

I got into the bathroom and released a long sigh.

I don't understand.

I opened the faucet and let some cold water run on my hand. The burn had only started to show and it was already looking bad.

I heard a firm knock on the door.

"I'm OK," I answered too fast and too loud.

"It's me," Taehyung's voice said. "I have a first aid kit with me."

I looked again at my hand. My working tool. It was looking quite bad.

I sighed and opened the door. He directly put a knee on the floor and sat me against the bathtub.

"Show me."

He took my hand in his and started to gently apply some lotion to it. It smelled like aloe vera and provided me with some relief.

"Thank you," I whispered to him.

He answered with a shy smile, not taking his eyes off my hand. His fingers were so long and agile. He was looking so adorable, squatting down in front of me, taking care of my burn.

I wondered if he saw the bandana on Jungkook's wrist. I wondered if he recognized it.

Probably not, I thought.

He told me he stole it from their stylist team. It probably wasn't the only bandana they had. Jungkook could have one too.

"Hold," Taehyung said, reaching again for the first aid kit.

He took some bandage from it and started to wrap my hand in it.

"Is it necessary?"

"It's better," he answered, fixing the bandage with a safety pin. "It will heal faster."

He gave a soft kiss on my hand.

I opened my mouth in surprise as his face was breaking into an adorable boxy smile.