3. Deep Breaths

"Noona?!"

"Do you even know if she's older than you?!" Jin called him out with big round eyes.

Jungkook chuckled, his big doe eyes getting even cuter.

"Yaaaa," hissed Yoongi. "This maknae..."

"It's OK," I reassured with a small smile. "I am 24 so I am probably older than you."

Jungkook showed a glorious smile to his teammates.

"I knew it!" he giggled like a child. "I am 22."

"It's super impressive," Hoseok commented, his eyebrows raised really high at me. "I knew you were young, but not that young... You're so famous as a songwriter already!"

"Is it true that you worked with Ava Max?" asked Jimin, chewing on a chicken wing.

"And Ariana Grande too?" added Hoseok.

I started to feel uncomfortable in my seat.

"Yes..." I admitted. "I assume this is how Bang PD got my contact info."

"He told me he had a hard time getting you to work with us..." Namjoon mentioned with a slight nod.

"You did not want to work with us, noona?" Jungkook asked with pouty lips, tilting his head on the side.

I took a sip of coke, feeling my cheeks getting warm.

"No, not at all..." I started to explain. "Really not. I was just very surprised at first..." I remembered how overwhelmed I felt when I spoke for the first time with BigHit's team. "I never worked with male singers before... And I only worked with English-speaking singers."

"I think that's why you're perfect for us," Yoongi said. "There aren't many successful songwriters out there who can write in both English and Korean."

I nodded, slightly blushing. I did not want to explain the real reasons why I accepted to work with BTS. Why I wanted to move to Seoul and start working here.

"I hope we can do great work together!" Namjoon concluded as he got up from his seat.

"It's time for dance practice, right?" asked Jin. "Aigooo... I feel so lazy. I just want to nap right now!"

Manager Sejin reappeared.

"Dance Studio 2 for today, guys!" he told the members. "Micha, would you like me to call a taxi for you?"

"That'd be great, thank you!"

I could not wait to be home and sleep. The jet lag was seriously getting to me now.

"Let's hang out together this week, OK?" Jimin said with a friendly smile.

All the members were already heading towards the exit. Only Taehyung was staying behind. He was holding the exit door, a smug look on his face, one hand in his pocket.

"You coming, Jimin-ah?"

"Coming!" his friend answered, skipping gracefully towards him.

Taehyung's eyes finally met mine. He blinked once.

"Bye... Micha," and he disappeared through the same door.

When I woke up the next morning, I was still thinking about the way he said my name. It sounded so soft and sweet. It was so different from his attitude towards me.