45. Boy, get a hint

"They get very strict instructions from BigHit," explained Yejin. "Most of the times, it's for their own protection, but also to protect their staff members... or even their loved ones."

After the boys left, she had been nice enough to stay with me, to make sure I was alright. We were sharing a late lunch together and I took advantage of it to ask her some questions.

After all, she used to be part of their staff, she could understand what that argument was all about.

"I know Hoseok's sister received a lot of hate for example," she continued, munching on a carrot stick.

I shook my head, in complete disbelief.

"They have to be discreet about all the people around them. Anyone they give their attention to receives lots of hate. That's why they blur the faces of the staff members when filming for example."

I had barely touched my plate, feeling too nauseated to do so.

"I assume that's why Jungkook got so mad at Taehyung... But to be sincere, I thought that was blown out of proportion," she commented, wincing at the thought of it.

I nodded, fully agreeing with her.

"By any chance..." 

I really wanted to ask her one precise question. 

"Do you know what happened to Taehyung's sister? It's not the first time they mentioned it in front of me."

Yejin pinched her lips, looking away.

"I remember we were in the US at that time... It was at the beginning of the year, for the Grammy's... Taehyung received some bad news about his sister and we had to fly him back earlier than planned."

Her eyes came on me. I noticed she also barely touched her own lunch. 

"That's all I know," she shrugged, still munching on the same carrot stick.

I slowly nodded, my stare getting lost into the emptiness, trying to get the pieces of this story together.

She cleared her throat, fidgeting in her seat.

"Did something bad happened between you and Taehyung?"

I looked back at her, surprised. Her long black hair was all gathered on one side of her face. She really was beautiful.

I remembered she saw me and Taehyung together the first time we met. We did not hide that we were intimate at that time.

"Yeah," I answered, looking down at my hands. "Something bad happened..."

"You don't need to talk about it if you don't want to," she said very fast, her beautiful almond eyes looking at me from behind her hair.

OK, I like her.

We discussed the whole afternoon together about this crazy music industry we were working for. I had never experienced being so close to the artists I was working with, so it was all so new to me. Yejin was a precious friend to have around since she seemed to know a lot about BigHit.

She was talking with such passion about her previous job, it made me really sad thinking she was fired because of the pandemic. I mentioned it to her and she sounded surprised.

"Fired?" she repeated, almost laughing at the thought of it. "Who told you that? Jimin?" 

I nodded. 

"Not at all," she corrected me, looking slightly uncomfortable. "I resigned actually"

She bit on her lower lip.