It Was One of Those Nights

It was one of those nights. Remus was running around the empty halls of Hogwarts with his best friends trying not to get caught from their latest prank. It was nights like these that he felt most happy, most safe, most content. Remus was glad with the life that he had built with his friends, and there was nothing that could pull them apart. Running back towards their dormitories they were laughing a little louder than they should have been. They were having fun, and couldn't keep themselves quiet. The farther they ran the less they could hear the many sounds of the mini explosions they had set off. All four of them had turned a corner when looking over their shoulders making sure there was no one behind them. When they did turn this corner the four boys unsuspectingly ran straight into Professor McGonagall. 

Stumbling back a bit from the surprisingly sturdy women a look of horror crossed every one of their faces. The first to recover from the fall was Remus. The first thing he said when looking into the eyes of McGonagall was,

"Hi professor fancy seeing you here!" The look in her eyes was not very welcoming. With the huff she stood back a couple steps. By then all of the boys were stood up and standing next to each other. 

"Oi! Professor what are you doing out here so late?" James had asked once he was stood upright and was being glared upon by her.

"I could ask the same of you Potter." Her tone wasn't very welcoming, but none of them would take the hint. They needed to find a way to get the least amount of detention time they could. The signature James Potter lopsided grin showed up on his face, 

"Well professor we were making sure your not wandering the halls depriving yourself of the sleep you so desperately need. We are not the best to deal with." Holding up the lantern a little less tensely she raised an eyebrow at the four Marauders. Right after James declaration Sirius joined in,

"Yes, why are you here? You look so tired. Why don't you get your rest? Don't you see how worried we were when we heard you weren't sleeping well? You shouldn't be up, only god knows how many hours of sleep your loosing," He had scolded her. The older woman went a little red and sighed. She was always going to give in when it came to these four boys. All of a sudden Remus decided to join in.

"Yes Minnie. We have been worried sick, you shouldn't be out at this hour." That was it for her. 

"Go back to bed boys I'm completely fine. I hope to see you on time for tomorrow mornings class." 

"Of course professor, we wouldn't want to worry you," they had all answered in almost exact unison. The boys have left scolding her on their way out. Minnie shook her head when they were out of sight. Those boys were going to be the death of her. 

"God let them never get old" she muttered to herself. Just as she had said that a loud crash had come from the corridor. Then loud laughter came from the boys she had come to adore these past years. Then Filches yelling. She was going to punish them for this in the morning, she thought as she walked to hall where the noise came from. 

This is based on the Tumblr prompt where the boys get caught by Minnie and start to scold her for being out at that hour. Just thought it was cute.