5

The Next Morning

Everyone was tired the next morning. They all had reached the headquarters pretty late, but they had to be awake at 5 a.m. Eren was not in a good mood. No one woke him up from his sleep. But he knew that sacrifices had to be made now that he was in the military. However, when he didn't get enough sleep, he was cranky. And when he was cranky, he was an even bigger jerk. Nolan knew so he stayed a few inches away from Eren. Right now, Eren was a ticking time bomb. When Eren was in the shower, Nolan had warned everybody not to cross him for the first 3 hours. Right now they were eating breakfast in the café. Eren and Nolan had toast with jam, and a glass of milk each. The bell signaling 7 a.m rang, and everyone headed out to the training grounds. There waiting for them was Erwin Smith. Eren accidentally let out a groan, and everyone turned to look at him.

"What are you looking at?" he snapped.

"All right, settle down," said Erwin. "Today, we are going to climb that wall," He pointed to a wall behind him. "First up Eren and Mikasa,"

The two of them walked up to the wall.

"Good luck, Eren!" Nolan cried out.

Eren fastened himself to the harness, and saw Mikasa doing the same.

"You're going down, Eren," Mikasa said.

"You wish," Eren smirked.

Mikasa instantly faced a wave of nostalgia, but she shrugged it off.

"Ready, set,go!"

Eren instantly propelled himself up the wall and started climbing. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Mikasa right beside him. 'I won't lose.' He grit his teeth, and climbed faster, He made it to the top of the wall first, and jumped down. A second later, Mikasa followed, landing softly next to him.

"I win!" sang Eren.

"Only because I let you," retorted Mikasa.

Eren cracked a tiny smile, but immediately put on his emotionless mask.

"Whatever."

He walked away, with Nolan following close behind.

329 words