Gone - Ash X Griff (A Sad... Tale)

April 14, 2018

Special Mention to:
Ash
Who helped me out with writing this story, especially in her OC, Ash's, parts.

Some cuss words. Like your everyday F and S words.

Despite the title, no one actually dies. They just...die in the inside. Yup.

This will be... kinda like a fan fiction of sorts for [Ash's|] fan fiction story, 'Modern Tales'.

A Small Backstory:
Griff's father, Kane, left him to some friends when his mother had died when he was 5. Griff becomes a spy for some group and was captured by a rebel group that works for the Conquerors. Griff discovers that his father was part of the group and gives him a potion to wipe out his memories and the Bile so Gerathon can control him to act as a spy.
With no memories, he meets Ash and a few others in Greenhaven, taking them away, convinced that they were doing a mission, only to devastatingly find out that Griff was just leading them to the Conquerors so they can be test subjects.

Basically, I just summarized 'Captured', 'Spirit Animals RP', and Griff's backstory in one whole paragraph.

They come back to Greenhaven and this is when we follow the storyline of Modern Tales where Ash joins the Lotus Incorporations as a secret agent while the Greencloaks have their own secret agent organization. So Ash and Griff are on opposite sides.

Now that we're kinda all on the same page, lez get to the story!

============

He didn't know how long he'd been sitting there. Had he been awake the whole time? Had he just woken up? One moment, he was at some... some sort of battle. Escorting the Chieftain of Nilo, ambushed by the Lotus agents. The next moment... he was here.

On a metal chair, arms and feet tied, a small rectangular table in front of him with another chair. Surrounded by gray walls. He couldn't help but mentally laugh. It reminded him too much of before.

Not knowing how long he'd been awake, surrounded by the walls of that dreadful Conquerors prison he'd barely escaped. Tied to a chair as his father forced that liquid down his throat, memories gone forever.

It was all too familiar. The past just couldn't let him go. Or maybe he couldn't let the past go. Either way, he shouldn't have stayed.

The door opened and in walked a blonde girl with gray-green eyes, wearing the Lotus uniform, looking almost his age. She sat down on the chair right across from him with a calm, poker face yet if he looked closely, he'd see a few tears at the rim of her eyes. He didn't.

"Griffin Gray, on behalf of the 1st Offic-"

"Who are you?" Griff asked, cutting her off.

She seemed to flinch slightly. Confusion? "Ashley Thorne," he sensed that she'd been planning to say a different response.

He let out a snort, "No you're not."

A pause. She seemed surprise. "Excuse me?"

"Never mind," Griff sighed, glancing up at the ceiling, "I'm thinking of someone else. Excuse my interruption, Lotus agent, and continue on with this interrogation."

She wanted to say something but was made aware that the 1st Officer was watching this interrogation closely through cameras.