Chapter 18

ROSELINE

David was in bed on his phone with Ro sleep next to him. I picked her up taking her to her room. When I came back in the room David was mugging me.

"I just noticed you picked her up, I should pop you" he said.

"Shut up" I said.

I climbed in bed and sat down looking at him.

"What's up?" He asked when he noticed me staring.

"Cliff has been texting me on some bullshit for awhile and I'm telling you now because you should know" I said.

"Fuck he still got your number for and why he not blocked?" He asked.

"He text and call from different numbers" I said.

"I'll handle him" he said pulling me into him.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"Exactly what I said, don't worry about it" he said.

"David don't do anything stupid" I said.

"You don't worry about it, just worry about my daughter that's in your stomach and we'll be all good" he said.

"You don't even know what we're having, stop saying it's a girl" I said.

"We both know it's possibly a girl" he said.

"Yea until my mama opens that envelope and tell us otherwise" I said.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" He asked.

"Yes I'm curious to know" I answered back.

"I'm hoping it's a girl but now I kind of want a boy, I'm just grateful for whatever we have. I'm just happy to actually be here to experience this with you this time" he said.

"I am really sorry that you missed out on Ro but I'm glad you're here now and the way you guys act. It's like you were here from the very beginning" I said.

"That's my little mini me" he said.

He pulled me in his arms and started rubbing my stomach.

"I can't wait for my little stink to get here" he said moving so his head was laying on my belly.

I played in his hair that needed to be cut and just couldn't help but smile at my little family. He was about to say something before the doorbell went off.

"You expecting somebody?" He asked.

"Nope" I said.

"Check the camera" he said.

I clicked the monitor that was next to the bed to see it was my mom. I shook my head and got up going downstairs. I opened the door to see my mom who looked highly pissed off. I let her in and she was just mumbling under her breath. I could tell something had pissed her off.

"Ma what's wrong?" I asked.

"That's asshole had the nerve to come to my home and threaten me" my mom said.

"Who?" I asked.

"That dumbass ex of yours" she said.

"Ma What do you mean he threatened you?" David asked.

"He came to my house basically telling me I need to set you straight and make y'all get back together or else. He lucky I didn't shoot his tall ass" she said.

"Mom stop stressing yourself out, David will handle it" I said.

David gave me that look and I already knew there was going to be chaos. After an hour my mom finally left and I was upstairs in bed with Ro who was rubbing my stomach. David was sitting next to us on the phone trying to figure out where Cliff was. I was annoyed and just ready for our little one to get here. Dave got off the phone and cuddle up with us. Ro now having her dad's attention was laying on him playing with his hair. I was hoping this little one would be my mini me because Ro pays me no mind. I was hoping it was a boy but I'm grateful for whatever.

"Rose you don't hear me?" I heard Dave say.

"I'm sorry what?" I said.

"I said do you wanna go out or are you cooking?" He asked.

"We can go out, I don't feel like cooking tonight" I said.

"Okay" he replied texting on his phone.

I continued rubbing my stomach while watching TVs and listening to Ro talk Dave head off. They were so cute and I knew David could listen to her for hours with no problem. I knew David was going to be an amazing father just by how well he fit in with me and Ro. No one would ever know that he wasn't there at first. I could only blame myself and wish that I just told him from the start about my pregnancy. I still feel guilty that I left him out and knowing that deep down he's probably still upset even though he would never say that out loud. I then started to think about our future. Would me and him get married and have more kids because he made it very clear he wants more. I smiled just thinking about it. Im happy and Im ready for the journey were about to take