Chapter 14

I woke up to loud banging on the door. I scrunched my face up in confusion after seeing the clock. 7:00am. I gently moved from under Rose and through on some shorts. I went downstairs and looked through the peephole. I opened the door and saw a delivery guy holding an edible arrangement.

"Can you sign here?" He asked.

I grabbed the fruit and placed it on the table and signed the paper and he left. I closed and locked the door and went to see who this shit was from. I opened it to see different fruit but what caught my eye was the baby bottle shaped fruit at the top. I then started looking for a card. I found it and opened it.

"Baby girl your getting older day by day and now your having a baby. Seeing you growing up into a woman is the greatest gift a father can have" ~R

I then was confused cause Rose dad was dead and she only had her step pops. So I was highly confused on who this was. I went upstairs and woke Rose up.

"What" she said irritated.

"You got something to tell me?" I asked.

"Like what David?" She asked me.

"About ya pops" I said.

"What about him?" She asked looking confused.

"Like why he sending edible arrangements and shit saying congrats on the baby. Your dad died when we were in high school. How is that even possible?" I said.

I guess she was alert now and sat up. She then looked at me and got up.

"Where is it?" She asked.

"Downstairs" I said.

She went downstairs and I was right behind her. She picked up the card first and then shook her head.

"This gotta be a mistake, I watch them bury him" she said throwing the card down.

She then ran past me and soon came back down with clothes on. I was about to go with her but I was almost naked and Ro was upstairs sleep. She walked out the door and I heard her car pull out the driveway.

ROSE

I pulled up in my moms driveway and took a deep breath, last thing I wanted to do was curse my mom out. I got out the car and walked right in. She was in the kitchen making her breakfast. I was about to say something but she cut me off.

"I know why your here and I have no idea about this" she said.

"Mom this can't be true right?" I asked about to break down.

"I don't know baby" she sad.

I was about to break down. My dad was my best friend and the only person who I really depended on. I was attached to him when he died I was crushed and angry. I was depressed and wasn't eating and I never even got a chance to tell him I was pregnant with Ro at the time. So this really was fucking my head up right now. That's when the doorbell rung I went to open it and it was him. I just stared and my instinct was to punch him so I did. That's one thing about me. My dad taught me everything. Then I jumped on him and hugged him hard. I started crying just because this was real. I finally let him go and he walked inside. My mom walked out the kitchen and saw him. She just stood there and then ran towards him. I thought she was going to hug him or something but she started hitting him and cursing him out . I stood there and then she stopped. He looked at her and smiled then they just embraced each other. We then sat down in the dining room. He then started talking.

"I know you guys want to know why I came back to life. I want to say that I'm truly sorry and I missed you guys everyday but I was always here. I had got caught up in some bad shit. As you already know I was in the drug business since I was a teen. I had a deal that was going to set us for life. I was going to drop out the game after. The deal turned out to be a set up. The Salmes set me up to make it look like I set everybody up. They killed my whole team and some of my family in Cuba and some here. That little boy that went missing from your school was a warning for me of how they could take you from me at any time. I tried to ignore it but it just got worse. I told your uncle to watch over you while I handled everything but they killed him. He didn't die in no crash" my dad said.

"So you left us to protect us?" I asked.

"Yes I could. I could never forgive myself if something happened to you or your mother" he said.

We continued talking for a couple hours then I just went home to David. I didn't speak I just cuddled up with him and Ro.