6. Burned And Blurred

Saul's pov

I followed her into her office.

I will not let her ignore me

I know she was tired but I had to sort it out with her now. After she was almost killed by the burned one while trying to get into its head, I didn't feel that comfortable anymore, knowing that that thing was so near by. What if students would find it?
"I spoke with my contacts in the other realm, no other sightings of Burned ones."
she sighs with relieve at my words.
"So ours was just a fluke."
"Maybe, but it's a dangerous fluke."                 
She turned towards her desk but I wasn't quit finished with her.
„The capitols prison is more secure than ours, and the queen would scan it's memories if you asked-„
„This is my school, Saul."

Here we go

„Yes, its a school, and theres already gossip, and it's only a matter of time before the kids cross the Barrier to find it. You know that better than anyone."
She turned to me, not very convinced. I knew she didn't like to trust the queen with such matters. Luna had been supportive but none the less very controlling, always lingering and making sure that Farah does the right thing. Always breathing down her neck. I saw her thinking, I could not only feel but also see how she was meddling with herself, ego against reason. I stepped closer and her attention was immediately back on me. I could see her body tense as I stopped right infront of her, she was almost sitting on her desk, her knees touching mine.
„Please, lets do this right."
I said in a calm and soothing voice, making sure that she kept looking at me.
„Let me make arrangements with the queens army to transport it safely."
We looked at each other and I felt how I was slowly loosing it by being this close to her. But finally, with a big sight, she nodded.
„Alright, but make sure that some of the staff will be there as well."
I felt relieve coming up and I smiled at her.
„Of course, I'll be there personally."
„What?"
„I'll escort the beast myself to solaria, and I'll keep an eye on the queens soldiers."
„Well if you go then that means that I'll have to go as well."
„No need. Don't worry, I won't let myself get killed in these four little hours."
I smiled at her and turned around, almost at the door when she stopped me.
„Saul..."
Her voice was a bit unstable.
I turned back to her. Farah was looking at me with a strange expression. I knew what she was thinking. This situation was a bit to familiar and I was about to go into this „mission" without her. It didn't feel good to be separated for too long after being so close for such a long time.
„Be careful..."
was all she could say. But it was enough for me. I looked at her, really looked at her.
Farah was still in her coat, some strains of hair had loosen themselves from her bun and her eyes where full of emotions.She was truly the most beautiful and precious human being I knew. I had to force myself to let go of her sight and walk out of her office. Hoping she didn't notice my gaze that had lasted a little too long.

Blooms pov

How could I be so stupid!

Aisha and I we're running through the Woods, away from that monster, as far and as fast as possible. We didn't stop until we had reached the other girls.
„There they are!" I heard Terra shout.
As we stopped i felt my lungs burning and legs were shaking. My heart was still racing from the earliest events. For what ever reason I had decided that it would be a good idea to go into the woods on my own to find the burned one. Of course it had found me first and if Aisha wouldn't have been there in time, I would've been a roasted fairy.
My fists clenched as I remember it standing there, in the mist, looking at me before it started to run, ready to kill.
Gasping at the cool metal in my hand, I also remembered Stellas Ring that I had managed to recover. At least that was a succes.
„What happened! Where were you guys!?"
asked Musa, her eyes glowing for whatever reason.
Still panting Aisha responded.
„We...uhh, found the burned one, funny little reunion."
„We should go, I don't think it's dead yet."
I said.
„Yeah, as is someone else."
said Terra while trying to lift a body on her own. It was Headmaster Silva.