Chapter 10

*Jake*

I sat at the kitchen table with my head in my hands while my thoughts wondered to Marie and the new baby. I sighed but jumped when I felt arms wrap around me. I turned around and was relieved to see Marie. I could tell her anger was dimmed down but was replaced by curiosity. I didn't even have to read her mind just to know what she was wondering so I nodded "how?" She asked that one simple question.

"It's called mate sight I can make you see what I want you to. It can be complicated but it works and it was the only thing I could use to get you to listen to what I had to say." I said and looked at the floor guiltily, I don't like doing this, us arguing and fighting I just want to be the perfect husband, mate, father, and much more, that I could be. She wrapped her arms around my waist and buried her head in my chest while whispering "I'm so sorry"

I ran my hand through her hair, while whispering in her ear, soothing her. I felt something wet hit my t-shirt and I was right she was crying but why? "Why the tears love?" She shook her head and said "hormones, it's fucking hormones Jake" I nodded my head to let her know that I heard her and continued to soothe her.

When she was calm I decided to talk about something we haven't talked about in a while "when we get married do you want a big wedding or a small wedding?" I felt her giggle and then her saying "a small wedding" she buried her head further into my chest and all of a sudden we jump to the sound of Quinton wailing. We ran to his nursery my mother was standing above him humming. Marie hissed gaining my moms attention, "Marie, how are you feeling?" Mom gave Marie a warm smile which my mate didn't return. In a flash Quinton was away from mom and into Marie's arms, she was standing far away from my mom for some odd reason. "Who are you?" Marie looked pissed again, her eyes blood red, "why Marie its me Tessa" this only angered my mate further "IMPOSTER, Jake get over here" I didn't bother to argue and listened.

"Jake I know you have your doubts but trust me with this one, okay?" I nodded "your real mom is coming up" I was very much confused, especially when she handed me Quinton. Mom walked in through the door with dad "Tessa, I want you to answer the questions last, okay?" She told the woman who just came through the door, and she nodded "what is your special ability?" (A/n to make this easier on us I will make the lady who was standing over Quinton lady 1 and the one who just came through the door lady 2) lady 1 answered "vision" which was incorrect, lady 2 answered "healing" Marie pointed to lady 2 indicating she was right. "What color do your eyes turn when you use your ability?" Lady 1 answered with "Silver" lady 2 "gold". Lady 2 was once again correct. Marie's features turned to a serious one and used her authorities to force the truth out of them "Who are you?" She looked upon lady one with a deathly glare. "I am Eliza Demeanor" a sign of recognition crossed lightly over my mates features but it was gone just as fast as it came.

*Marie*

"I'm hurt, I'm really hurt Marie you don't remember me" she held a fake expression of hurt on her pathetic face. "Oh I remember you, I remember you for the pathetic bitch you are, and where is it, hand it over Eliza" I held out my hand waiting for what I asked for to be handed over to me. "What are you talking about, sister" she asked in fake confusion "listen Eliza the only one here you can fool is yourself, now hand it over" she huffed and pulled out the needle just like I expected and handed it over to me. "You were going to poison my son, so now I get to poison you" her eyes widened in panic as I pulled the cover off of the needle tip and put her in a head lock with the needle at her neck "and let this be a reminder to everyone who is in the plan to kill me or anyone of my family, that I will kill them without hesitation" I whispered in her ear before jabbing the needle into the side of her neck and injecting the poison into her dead black blood.

I let go of her and her limp body hit the floor with a thump. I dragged her body outside and to the forest where I sat her dead body up at the base of a tree, and pinned a note at the space above her as a warning. I ran back home with an emotionless face on and not a care in the world for what I just did. I opened the backdoor and slammed it shut, my face was emotionless as I walked into the nursery, picked up Quinton out of Jakes arms, and went to my room to lay down for a nap.