⁰⁰¹ the world cup

❝ feet off the table ! ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"HARRY!" hermione alerted, leaning over the sleeping boy, lit candlestick in hand. "harry!" he leapt up, his shaggy brown hair sticking to a bead of sweat that was dripping down his forehead. "harry, are you alright?"

the kettle whistled loudly from downstairs, the shrill sound vibrations against the walls of the burrow.

   "hermione?" his breathing was rapid and out of control as he scrambled to reach for his glasses on the wooden nightstand beside him. "bad dream," he explained, furrowing his eyebrows and attempting to catch back his breath. "when did you get here?"

  "just now," hermione replied, setting down the candle, and then moving to approach ron's bed. "you?"

"last night—"

"wake up! wake up, ronald!" hermione interrupted loudly and sharply. "for goodness sake, wake up!"

"wha— bloody hell!" the weasley boy groaned in annoyance, pushing his long red hair from his face and covering his chest with the patchwork blanket.

the muggleborn girl rolled her eyes at him, tempted to fling a pillow at his head. "honestly, get dressed!" she then began to storm towards levi's makeshift bed, but thankfully for his eardrums, he had already awoken from the racket.

"what's the time?" the blonde boy asked groggily, sitting up and rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"nevermind what the time is. get up!" maeve barged into the room, throwing a pillow at her twin brother's head.

hermione swiftly turned towards the door, before sternly adding: "and don't go back to sleep! come on!" she clapped her hands impatiently. "your mum says that breakfast is ready!"

"how are you awake?" levi exclaimed, shifting out of the blanket and frowning at his sister. "at home you get up at twelve o'clock!"

  the twins had arrived at the burrow late the night before with their belongings, as their parents had allowed them to travel by floo powder. harry arrived shortly after, and then they all ate dinner (prepared by mrs weasley) together, played a few games of wizard's chess, and then turned in for bed, excitedly awaiting the quidditch world cup that would take place the next day.

"that's irrelevant." maeve shrugged. "at least i'm ready to go, unlike some."

"DAD, WHERE ARE WE GOING?" ron groaned, as they all trudged through the woods. it was chilly, and the moon was still out. only a dull, greenish tinge along the horizon showed that daybreak was drawing closer.