♡ pov ♡

8 pm. The sky outside looked as if an artist took an enormous brush and painted the sky with gorgeous hues of oranges, blues, and pinks. In a suburban home, in a quiet neighborhood, sat a teal-haired teenage girl at her desk, trying to finish her trigonometry homework. She sighed with relief as she finished the last problem on her worksheet. Surprisingly, even after having dinner and finishing her assignments, she found herself to not be that exhausted. Tapping her pencil against her chin, which was subconsciously in a rhythmic pattern, she thought of what to do.

Her eyes drifted to her closet door, which was covered in stickers from when she was younger. The closet, however, was also where she kept her mic. It was probably dusty, since she had not used it in a long time. Rising up from her comfy desk chair, she decided to take a look. Opening the door, she peeked inside. There stood her black mic, which she used to record covers of her favorite songs and upload to YouTube. She hadn't done so in a while because she had lost confidence in her singing. She smiled to herself as she picked it up and set it by her desk. Maybe she wanted to change that.

She wondered what song to sing while setting up her mic, until she thought of the perfect one. Opening the recording software on her laptop and playing the song's instrumental in the background, she took a deep breath and pressed record. After waiting for the first few calming chords to pass, she opened her mouth and began to sing.

A/N: Listen to this while reading if ya want (or don't- it's your choice lmao) I tried to find one that sounded similar to Hailey's voice-

It's like you got superpowers

Turn my minutes into hours

You got more than 20/20, babe

Made of glass, the way you see through me

You know me better than I do

Can't seem to keep nothing from you

How you touch my soul from the outside

Permeate my ego and my pride

I wanna love me, ooh

The way that you love me, ooh

Ooh, for all of my pretty and all of my ugly too

I'd love to see me from your point of view

I wanna trust me

The way that you trust me

Ooh, 'cause nobody ever loved me like you do

I'd love to see me from your point of view

>><<

A couple neighborhoods away was another teenager, though this one was tired and couldn't wait to go to bed. He just finished binge watching My Hero Academia, an anime recommended to him by his friend. Surprisingly, it was quite enjoyable. He pulled on a coral t-shirt over his blonde-haired head and gray sweatpants. He glanced at his desk and, eyes widening, realized he forgot to finish writing the conclusion of his chemistry experiment. He would've chosen to do it tomorrow, but Mx. Indiana was a tough teacher, and he knew they would give him a hard time about it. Plus, after pleading, they'd already given him a two day extension to work on it. Rolling his eyes and grumbling, he dragged himself towards his desk to finish his assignment. His eyelids drooped as he tried his hardest to not fall asleep.

About twenty minutes later, he had finally finished it and he let out a big sigh. Finally ready to go to sleep, he switched off his lights and snuggled into his comfortable sheets. He could've sworn the bed never felt this comfortable before. Or maybe that was his drowsiness talking.

He noticed that his phone lit up, meaning that he got a notification. Curious, he quickly grabbed his phone and smiled when he saw his lock screen. It was of him and his friends, who were also the members of the band he was part of. The YouTube notification he got read,

New Upload from Hailey Austin
pov - Ariana Grande (cover by Hailey Austin)

His grin grew even wider. He was ecstatic to know that she finally found the confidence to post on her channel again. The club members always encouraged her to, but she always brushed it off. This made him especially heartbroken because he thought her voice was mesmerizing and beautiful. Excitedly, he grabbed his earbuds, pressed the notification and entered in his phone's passcode.

Setting his phone face down on his chest, he looked up at the ceiling and closed his eyes. An actual angel could be comforting him, and he wouldn't know the difference. Smiling to himself, he hummed along to the soft rhythm of her singing as it played in his ears.

I couldn't believe it or see it for myself

Know I be impatient

But now I'm out here, fallin', fallin'

Frozen, slowly thawing, got me right

I won't keep you waitin', waitin'

All my baggage fadin' safely

And if my eyes deceive me

Won't let them stray too far away

I wanna love me, ooh

The way that you love me, ooh

Ooh, for all of my pretty and all of my ugly too

I'd love to see me from your point of view

I wanna trust me, ooh

The way that you trust me, baby

'Cause nobody ever loved me like you do

I'd love to see me from your point of view

Oh, how Jake loved falling asleep to her soothing voice.

A/N: haha totally didn't write this cuz I'm obsessed with Ariana's new album or anything-

also this is my favorite oneshot I've written so far :D

Jailey art by @bluefarder (I think- I couldn't see the watermark clearly qwq)