Chapter 6

LEGOLAS:

The only thing I could fully recall was a pack of orcs trampling me.

I was in a tree, but I must have fallen. Which is strange, because I've never fallen from a tree-- I'm nimble. Or I thought I was.

Was I alone? No. Tauriel was there. She ran past me after I pattered up a tree...

Tauriel.

I flutter my eyes open, them slowly fixating on the swirl of colors above me. Forcing my body to sit up, I wince in pain, but push the thoughts in the back of my head. The only thing on my mind was Tauriel.

"Tauriel?" Whispering, I cry out in pain and press my hand to the bloody wound.

Where has she gone? My eyes search frantically around the camp terrified for the worst. What if they took her, or killed her? My heart was racing with fear.

I bolt to my feet and grab my weapons. I won't let her get hurt-- not again.

TAURIEL:

Thoughts of Legolas flashed through my mind. What if he had bled out already? No.

I blink away the threatening tears and shove the thoughts to the back of my mind and try to focus on Elion. "My father-- much kinder than Thranduil."

"Your father, being the king?"

Elion nods his head in approval as we walk down the empty hallway leading to the throne room. "And yet, he has a very strong hatrid for King Thranduil."

"For him turning you down?"

"Yes, and something much worse."

"Like what?"

"We shall save that story for another day, Princess." I break out into a fragile smile, stopping once we reach the main doors. "Just be true."

"Elion?" He turns to face me, our eyes meeting for the first time in a while. "I know you're a good person. Your father's decisions don't reflect down upon you." I could tell there was an unsolved issue there. From the day I met Elion, I know his father had asked of him to come to Mirkwood. He did it to try to build a reputation for himself-- to let the people know he is his own person. I found it worrying, yet admirable. Worrying for the legnths he will go to prove this, and admirable for striving to be a good person.

He returns the favor with a warm, welcoming smile, then pushes the doors to reveal a big, people filled throne room.

Beds were here-- pots and pans. Do some of the people live here? I felt sympathy for them-- since the orc kin has taken so much, they have no more land to spread on.

Once we approached King Graemane, he gets off his high seat and stops only a few inches from me. His face was blank, and I couldn't read his expressions. He had a long, scraggly gray beard. Strange enough, there were specks of green trailed through the long pieces of hair.

He had kind eyes and a strong gaze.

"You're the she-elf who took my son to Mirkwood."

"Yes." I bow, then meet his gaze once again. "Such a vile place for such a brave girl." His grimace forms into a warm smile, then he suddenly pulls me in for a hug. "I thank you, Tauriel. We may have not convince Thranduil, but it was you who tried. You even got locked up for being true."

"And I am sorry he did not help--"

"No apologies, please, you have done nothing wrong." He takes my hand in his, then glances over at Elion with the same generous expression "You are a saint amongst these halls. Mirkwood does not see your true grace."

"It is Mirkwood I wish to speak to you about."

He sits back in his chair, guest earring for me to continue. "The orc kin has over run our home. They are killing innocents as we speak. Since we both are fighting the same war, maybe we could join forces and set out to fight."

His expression turns cold.

"I do not want to offer any help to Thranduil." Graemane's sharp voice pierced my ears. "But it is not help for him. It is help for us both."

"I am sorry, Tauriel. But I cannot associate with a man as cold and unhearted as your king. You are dismissed."

"But if you could just--"

"I said you are dismissed."

His booming voice shook me. I opened my mouth to defend, but no words came out. So I turned and left.

What are we do to now? How are we going to get back our home? Save our people? The thought of wandering the woods aimlessly, lost and without a cause frightened me. Legolas and I both need healing help. I am not focused on my health as much as Legolas', but I need to survive in order to be there for him.

I cannot leave this world knowing he is alone. I cannot leave him knowing he's without me by his side every step of the way.

A/N***
aaaHHHHHAAA. I don't know that was.

I'll be trying to post more often, but I can't make any promises! Ily all so much!!
AND HEPPY VALENTINES DAY!!
-But I'm alone sooo...